log in or register to remove this ad

 

PF1E EB's RoleMaster Game: Second Darkness Adventure Path - IC


log in or register to remove this ad


EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: Everyone saved awesome, Gunther made the roll by 1.


The braizer's flare and then their is a great outcry from most of the crowd.

"What was that?"

"My eyes!"

"I can't see!"

And similar cries echo throughout the room, as chairs are overturned and trays are dropped, and mugs crash to the floor. Above the noise a rough female voice shouts.

female.jpg "All right folks! Drop to the ground and don't move, and we might let you live!"

At that more than a few people don't follow the demands and start screaming for help and try to run for the exit, but in their current state all they do is trip over each other and end up on the ground anyway. A large group of rough looking men take up weapons from all corners of the room. And quickly they start to overpower the few guards in the room.

Near the large chest three thugs have taken out one of the guardsmen, and are surrounded the second man. Standing behind them a man in green robes shouts out orders as he retrieves a piece of rune paper from a scroll case.

Angvar.jpg "I need only a moment!" he shouts and then begins reading the scroll in his hand.

OOC: No map needed you can reach any thug in the room as they are spread out.


[sblock=Combat]
For ease of play think of your character as having 100% of activity to start the turn, and as he does things it takes some of the activity for the round (and maybe the next).

Short list of activity costs:
Attack: 50%
Prepearing Spell: 90%
Casting a Spell: 75%
Move: 10-100% depending on how much of your movement you wish to use. This is a difficult area for pbp we will ease into as best we can. For now everyone is within reach of at least one thug if they wish to engage in melee.
Misc: ??% There are a bunch, reloading, opportunity attacking (not like 3e), changing your action, or something wild and crazy a player comes up with. All up to the GM and the options he is using.

So all I need you to do is tell me what you want your character to do in the turn, and please always add in two d100 rolls to save time. If your action ever will carry into the next round, I will let you know before hand.

As we play I will add in other options as we go. For now it is all about stopping the thugs and their wizard leader. [/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer

Finn seems inclined to do as he's told. Quickly looking around for somewhere to hide, he dropped to the ground and rolled under the gaming table.

What was less obvious, to the untrained eye, was the spell preparation he was engaged in..

OOC:
Preparing a sleep spell. I guess I have to declare at this point what the spell is, not just preparing some spell to be determined in two rounds time?

[sblock]Finn 22/22 hits 2/2 Power Points[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
OOC:
Preparing a sleep spell. I guess I have to declare at this point what the spell is, not just preparing some spell to be determined in two rounds time?

Correct, because as you gain levels you will be able to cast your lower level spells faster.

Class 3 spells = two rounds prep, 1 round to cast; All spells at least two levels or lower than your current level
Class 2 spells = 1 round prep, 1 round to cast; All spells at least four levels or lower than your current level
Class 1 spells = no prep time, 1 round to cast; All spells at least six levels or lower than your current level

Note: Scrolls are always Class 1 regardless of levels and Rune Paper (scroll paper) is reusable.[/sblock]
 




EarlyBird

First Post
Gunther successfully moves through the crowd of kneeling and fleeing people. He steps up to the wizard, but is intercepted and his punch is deflected by one of the thugs that seems to be working with the man. The rogue pulls back a fist of his own, and tries to connect with a roundhouse on Gunther's chin. The street-savy warrior sees it coming a mile away and steps out of reach.

Meanwhile Jerrod tries to peer past the crowd and see what the green robed wizard is doing near the large... nevermind. The rune fades from the paper as the spell is cast and the man points at the large chest. Encased in a golden glow for only a moment Gunther and Jerrod both watch as the over-sized chest (holding the 10,000sp grand prize) shrinks to the size of a bread box in a matter of seconds.

Finn goes over the gestures he will soon be making to put most of these ruffians to sleep. He needs to make sure he gets the timing down perfect.

[sblock=Combat]
Gunther (in melee with wizard and 1 rogue) 50/50 Hits, DB: 35, AT: 14
Jerrod 30/30 Hits, DB: 15, AT: 5
Finn 22/22 Hits, DB 5, AT: 2

Wizard 15/15 Hits, DB: 0, AT: 1
Rogue 20/20 Hits, DB: 25, AT: 9
Rogue 20/20 Hits, DB: 25, AT: 9
Rogue 20/20 Hits, DB: 25, AT: 9
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rolls/Notes]
Jerrod:
Movement: no roll needed on floor near table
Perception: 18 +20(skill) = 38 failure
Runes: 39 +23(skill) = 62 failure

Gunther:
Movement Manuver (light) 29 -10(MM) = 50% of movement aviable
Martial Arts Strike: 40 +18(OB) - 25(movement) = 33 miss

Finn:
Preparing sleep: no roll needed (cast on Round 3)
Movement (10%), under table - no roll/successful

One thug vs Gunther:
[roll0] +10(OB) -35(DB) = -5 (Big whiff)
jic roll: [roll1]
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:



EarlyBird

First Post
The chest shrinks and the wizard moves quickly to retrieve it, but not quickly enough.

Gunther draws the huge blade from his back and swings it like a baseball bat, connecting with the wizard's side. The warrior hears the crack of the man's ribs, and feels the body crumple under the blow. The thug beside him draws a dagger and steps up to help his leader.

female.jpg "NO! Angvar!" the female thief cries making her way to the stage and the fallen wizard. Seeing the chest she scoops it up and tucks it under one arm. "Kill him! Kill him now!"

Jerrod watches from his kneeling position on the floor, bidding his time before he strikes.

Finn is nearly ready, but he needs to find the best spot to cast the spell, so he braves looking around the room from under the table...

OOC: Possible Targets:
- Near the stage their is the female leader, and two thugs, one fighting Gunther. She has the reward chest in her hands.
- On the opposite side there are three thugs he can see fighting bouncers (barehanded).
- And then there is a strange sight of a woman in leather armor being stalked and surrounded by four thugs, while one rolls on the floor holding his groin.

So there are 10 thugs, the female leader, and the wizard, in this raid.

[sblock=Female in Trouble]
Rose_NPC.jpg[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]
Round 2:
Jerrod:
holding action? In RoleMaster they have Opportunity Action - You say what action you wish to take and then when you wish to take it. Kind of like holding your fire, and it can be used for spells and melee attacks.

Gunther:
Attack: 48(OB), +15(vsAT), +28(roll) +20(rear atk) -20(drawing weapon) - 0(DB) = 91 Result: 11BK
81 B Krush Crit: Blow to foe's side. +12 hits, Foe has broken ribs. Foe is stunned and unable to parry for 2 rounds. Foe is -25% activity.

Finn:
Preparing sleep: no roll needed (casting on Round 3)
Movement (10%), currently under table

Thug vs Gunther:
[roll0] +30(OB) -20(drawing weapon) -35(DB) = 45 MISS
jic roll: [roll1]

Gunther (in melee with 1 rogue) 50/50 Hits, DB: 35, AT: 14
Jerrod 30/30 Hits, DB: 15, AT: 5
Finn 22/22 Hits, DB 5, AT: 2

Wizard 00/15 Hits, DB: 0, AT: 1, unconsious
Rogue 20/20 Hits, DB: 25, AT: 9
Rogue 20/20 Hits, DB: 25, AT: 9
Rogue 20/20 Hits, DB: 25, AT: 9
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:



EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: He may be asleep I should check for that first and let you know.
Base Spell Atk roll: [roll0]
Resistance Rolls:
Female: [roll1]
Thug w/knife [roll2]
Thug in area [roll3]


The female bandit shrugs off the sleep spell, and looks over to where Finn stands."Fancy boy! Kill him! Kill them both!" she cries pointing at the Cypher Magus.

But the two thugs around her are not so lucky and fall to the floor, curling their arms under their heads like a pillow as the bed down.
 
Last edited:


EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: Sorry need one more roll. Normally it would be swing and crit, but sometimes I will need a maneuver roll.
So far I have your MM as an 81, your swing as a 67, going to crit, so will roll that this time. So for Gunther I may need three rolls.

[roll0]
 
Last edited:

OOC: Sorry need one more roll. Normally it would be swing and crit, but sometimes I will need a maneuver roll.
So far I have your MM as an 81, your swing as a 67, going to crit, so will roll that this time. So for Gunther I may need three rolls.

[roll0]

OOC: So what does that come to? A hard blow to the side, breaking a rib and leaving her stunned for a round (16 damage)?
 

EarlyBird

First Post
Gunther notices that this woman is a bit better fighter than her wizard friend. She moves quickly, but the fighter manages to get in a small cut as she pulls away and leaps from the stage. She hurries over to put two thugs between her and the ex-Grendame.

Finn sees all this plus one of the thugs heading his way. A dagger in hand held low as he cautiously approaches.

OOC: Jerrod to finish the round.


[sblock=Combat]
Round 3:
Jerrod:
64(roll) + 5(OB) - 25(DB) = 44 Result; miss

Gunther:
Attack: 48(OB) + 67(roll) - 20(DB) + 15(angle towards) - 10 (movement) = Result 9AK
(23) "A" Krush Crit = Foe must parry next round +3 hits, Add +5 to your next swing.

Finn:
Casting sleep: effects two thugs
Movement (25%), you may still move if you wish

Gunther 50/50 Hits, DB: 35, AT: 14
Jerrod 30/30 Hits, DB: 15, AT: 5
Finn 22/22 Hits, DB 5, AT: 2

Wizard 00/15 Hits, DB: 0, AT: 1, unconscious
Female 18/30 Hits, DB: 20, AT: 3, must parry next round
Rogue 20/20 Hits, DB: 25, AT: 9
Rogue 20/20 Hits, DB: 25, AT: 9
Rogue 20/20 Hits, DB: 25, AT: 9 - headed towards Finn[/sblock]
 
Last edited:


Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top