PF EB's RoleMaster Game: Second Darkness Adventure Path - IC

EarlyBird

Visitor
Not worrying about Jerrod proves a mistake as suddenly the man produces a dagger from out of nowhere, and takes a wild swipe at the thug. Luckily his armor takes the shallow gash.

Finn is glad for his training in use of the sword, just not in his lack of practice. But really with all the reading he does, he doesn't have time for such things. The sword and dagger ring as the thug blocks is swings one after the other. Before he gets in a quick strike of his own. Soon Finn is bleeding from a gash across his abdomen.

Gunther goes on the defensive for a moment, looking for an opening. His opponent tries futilely to get past the man's guard.

OOC:
Jerrod
Bluff: 36 + 61(roll) = 97 near success (enough to gain surprise bonus as he isn't paying attention)
5(OB) + 53(roll) + 15(flank) +20(surprise) - 25(DB) = 68 Result miss
Finn
15(OB) + 43(roll) - 25(DB) = 33 Result miss

Thug vs Gunther
30(OB) + [roll0] roll - 35(DB) - 24(parry) = 45 Result miss
Thug vs Finn
30(OB) + [roll1] roll - 5(DB) = 104 Result 10BP
1d100(2) "B" Piercing Crit: Glancing blow no extra damage


[sblock=Combat]
Gunther (in melee with rogue 1) 42/50 Hits, DB: 35, AT: 14
Jerrod (in melee with rogue 2/flanking) 30/30 Hits, DB: 15, AT: 5
Finn (in melee with rogue 2) 12/22 Hits, DB 5, AT: 2

Wizard 00/15 Hits, DB: 0, AT: 1, unconsious
Female 18/30 Hits, DB: 20, AT: 3
1)Rogue 20/20 Hits, DB: 25, AT: 9
2)Rogue 08/20 Hits, DB: 25, AT: 9
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

Visitor
OOC: Good hit


Gunther brings his big blade around in a side swing and it is deflected by the thug's dagger. The momentum carries the blade downward and it bites into the leg of his opponent. "Argh!" he cries out and tries to limp back, grabbing at the wound as blood starting to flow freely.

OOC:
Gunther
48(OB) +59(roll) +15(vs AT) -25(DB) = 97 Result 9BP
73: "B" Piercing CRIT - Strike to foe's calf. Slashes muscle. Foe is at -40, +3 hits. Foe is stunned and unable to parry for 2 rounds. Move/Maneuvers at -75
 
OOC:
Gunther
48(OB) +59(roll) +15(vs AT) -25(DB) = 97 Result 9BP
73: "B" Piercing CRIT - Strike to foe's calf. Slashes muscle. Foe is at -40, +3 hits. Foe is stunned and unable to parry for 2 rounds. Move/Maneuvers at -75
OOC: Except the the Brodrak only does Krush criticals when hacking, so it should be:
'48(OB) +59(roll) +15(vs AT) -25(DB) = 97 Result 9BK
73: "B" Krush CRIT - Blow bruises foe's calf. Foe is at -35, +10 hits. Foe is stunned two rounds and unable to parry next round.'
 
Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC: [MENTION=20711]hero4hire[/MENTION] could you again see how Jerrod does before Finn goes, I think he'll disengage but I want to give you the flanking bonus once more..
 

Yavathol

Explorer

Finn realised he was outmatched, and tried to carefully pull back without dropping his guard. "Sorry buddy, tried to help but I'm not dying for you!"

After moving well clear, he hid behind a table and started preparing his sleep spell..
[sblock]Finn 12/22 hits 1/2 Power Points[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Visitor
As Finn steps back he notices the woman with the chest has disappeared through the door along with a throng of people. He starts his spell, looking for other possible targets.

The thug fighting Gunther drops his weapon and raises his hands. "I sua'render," he says through a slurred drawl.

The smoke is almost all gone and through it the last thug (fighting Jerrod) sees his companions beaten by the Varisian woman in black leathers and the bouncers. So he too drops his weapon at the alchemist's feet.

It appears the fighting is over with no other thugs wanting to try their luck.

OOC:
Gunther 42/50 Hits, DB: 35, AT: 14
Jerrod (in melee with rogue 2) 30/30 Hits, DB: 15, AT: 5
Finn 12/22 Hits, DB 5, AT: 2

Wizard 00/15 Hits, DB: 0, AT: 1, unconsious
Female 18/30 Hits, DB: 20, AT: 3 - has escaped
1)Rogue 01/20 Hits, DB: 25, AT: 9
2)Rogue 07/20 Hits, DB: 25, AT: 9


OOC: Combat Over
 

Yavathol

Explorer
Finn applied pressure to his wound, and then pulled out a poultice from his bag.

OOC:
[roll0]


"Anyone else need assistance?" He asks the guards and Gunther.
 

EarlyBird

Visitor
"I didn't know," the thug says through clinched teeth. "Angvar," he mentions nodding towards the unconsious mage. "Angvar may know, but nots me!"

Meanwhile Jerrod retrieves his dagger and gets a nod and a smile from the Varsian woman who was fighting beside the bouncers.

Rose_NPC_2.jpg "Thanks for the distraction. One of them thought the place was catching on fire, and it gave me an opening to put him down." she says to the alchemist, and points to a thug with a large lump on the side of his head from the hilt of her dagger. She motions with her weapon as if showing him how she knocked the man cold. "Thanks again."

After Finn tends his wound, he notices nobody else is seriously hurt, but one of his table mates does have a long gash that doesn't seem to be bothering him as he interrogates the thug.

OOC: Everyone please roll a Perception check as you survey the almost empty, and trashed gambling hall.
 

EarlyBird

Visitor
Stopping to clean and wrap the wound the young magnus is busy when the owner Saul enters the main floor of the Golden Goblin.

As he is tended to Gunther notices the man as he talks to a couple bouncers and they point towards were he and Finn are at the moment. A grim look comes over his face as he looks past them to the empty stage where the large chest and its 10,000sp once stood.

He says something to one of the bouncers and pats him on the shoulder before heading towards where the two men are currently. Finn treating Gunther's wound, and the warrior guarding the thug.

OOC:
Finn
Perception +6 = 31 Failure: busy tending wounds I guess
First Aid +55 = 114 Success: This skill is very useful for stopping bleeding damage. Which will save peoples lives. But it doesn't restore hits, but it is early in the morning so you'll all have time to rest.
 
As the man approaches, Gunther stands up straighter. "Master Vancaskerkin, I presume? I am Gunther, formerly of the Riddleport Gendarmes. May I make my report to you?"
 

EarlyBird

Visitor
The man puts on a big grin as Gunther address him.

Saul.jpg "Please, please call me Saul. And I owe you and your friend here my gratitude." he says with a nod to Finn and then extending his hand to shake the big warriors own. "Former Grendarme eh? Well I'm sure your former comrades are on the way, so why not wait and report to all of us once. No need to be telling your tale twice."

He looks around and sees Jerrod and the Varisian woman. "Let's wait together and have a drink while we do." With that he motions for Jerrod and the woman to join them as a couple bouncers right an overturned table and some chairs. "Come join us!" He calls out in a friendly voice.

OOC: Best to wait for the town guard (Grendarmes), which is what it seems Saul wishes to do. Anyone object?
 

Yavathol

Explorer
"A fine establishment you have here, Saul. I am Finn, a student at the Cypher Lodge." Finn seems perfectly happy to catch his breath and wait for the town guard to arrive.
 
Gunther grabs the unconscious mage, Angvar, and plops him into a chair. He speaks to one of the bouncers, "I'd suggest you tie this one up. Also, he's a mage, so if he twitches his fingers, break them." He then took a chair for himself.
 

Advertisement

Top