Pathfinder 1E EB's RoleMaster Game: Second Darkness Adventure Path - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
Saul.jpg Saul laughs so hard his big belly starts to shake. "Haha! I don't know to much about magic, but I do know it doesn't last forever. She won't be getting far when that shrunkin' bread box turns back into a thousand pound crate full of lead. Haha! I had the chest set up as a decoy, a prop. There was never any real money in it."

Saul goes on to explain that when a money box at the door was full, two guards would look like they were dumping it into the larger chest, but they were really emptying a bunch of gold paint lead coins, and the real coffer was taken to Saul's counting room. "Besides, the winner wasn't going to be able to walk out of here with ten thousand silver in his pockets, hehe. I would offer to store it in my vault for him to parcel out as he needed."

EarlyBird

Explorer
Saul looks over the three others as they quietly contemplate his offer. "You want ta talk pay, I bet." Saul says pulling up a chair and taken up his wine glass once more. "I have some space here at the goblin, and could put the lot of you up and feed you." He swirls the dark liquid in his glass and you can tell he is thinking of a number to offer you. "I'd need you to hire on as a group. No offense Gunther, but one troubleshooter in a city as troublesome as Riddleport may find himself over-matched before he could turn around."

"I'll pay," he pauses and looks over each of you. "To you as a group mind you. Eight gold a month, room and board, and..." he adds with a grin as he just thought of it. "... a bonus every week, say ten percent of the Goblin's profits for the week. As for your duties, besides watching the floor for more troubles like tonight, you'll be working with my floor man Larur Feldin," he says pausing to look around. "The dwarf there." he adds pointing to the only dwarf in the room, who is currently helping a few people right tables and pick up chips from the floor.

"If you'd like a tour first, while you think things over I can show you around," he offers and then drains his glass.

Yavathol

Explorer

"Well that was pretty smart thinking, having a decoy!" Finn seemed impressed by Saul. He respected someone who understood the need for preparations and contingencies.
He acquiesced to the tour with a nod, contemplating his studies.
"My main interest, I'm sure you will not be surprised, is my studies. Sadly, I have not yet found a way to make that pay my bills. I will accept your offer, subject to the condition that I will not act as a front line warrior. I hope that is acceptable to the group?"
He shrugged, "As you have seen, I will be more useful as a medic!"
[sblock]Finn 12/22 hits 1/2 Power Points[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
Saul nods to the Magnus and says, "Hopefully you'll not be needed for that. I hope just being seen will keep most of the riff-raff in line."

He stands and takes the group to the front of the building to begin his tour. "I was thinking more of cajoling citizens as you ran errands (Bluff checks), or be a greeter at the door (Diplomacy checks), or watch the floor for cheaters (Perception checks)."

He eyes up Gunther and his amazing sword, "But of course a few more bouncers or croupiers never hurt either. I will leave that up to all of you and your skill sets, my main concern is word getting out that The Goblin isn't a pushover establishment anymore."

hero4hire

Explorer
Jerrod tried to be suspicious. He quietly listened to Saul's pitch. Dammit if he couldn't help to like the man! If there was an ulterior motive to the man's offer, the former snake oil salesman couldn't see it. Still...if something seemed to good to be true...it usually was. "Very well..Saul. I had been hoping to make some extra money." He said in a friendly tone and a smile that masked his suspicions.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Rose_NPC_2.jpg The Varisian woman gives a thin lipped grin, "I'm in. This sounds better than being a swab on some scowl out of Riddleport."

"Spendid," Saul says with a huge smile, "let's open a bottle of my best to seal our new agreement. And then I'll have Larur show you to your new rooms."

With that you have a couple glasses of the best red wine at The Goblin, and then the surly dwarf shows each of you to a clean (if a bit small) room in the east wing (room #'s 19). He tells you that in the morning he'll have plenty for you to do so get some rest.

[sblock=OOC] Planning to post a week of easy work/research for the spell casters, as The Goblin will be shutdown for the week before it reopens. Please let me know what your characters would be about on their free time, and I'll add it to the post.[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer

Finn took full advantage of the improved comfort of his new quarters, in that food and drink were now just outside his room, allowing more time to be spent in study. He hoped that the place would not be too noisy once it reopened to the public..
OOC:
I'm guessing we can heal back to full health? Finn will certainly be spending any free time spell researching! :-D

[sblock]Finn 22/22 hits 2/2 Power Points[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases