D&D 5E EB's Storm King's Thunder - IC

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
The cat is trapped in the rubble! Every instinct in the former farmhand tells Wilhelm to help out the creature in distress, and he moves towards the ruined building alongside Buddy without thinking.

He starts removing bricks and pieces of wall, but very soon is sweating and tired.

"This is not going to work," Wilhelm says. "We need some help. Perhaps from Halruhk; he seems strong. Stay here."

With that, Wilhelm runs towards the mill, where he knows some of the others have gone to.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Nightstone Inn

Thinking there is nothing to b found the squire moves to the doorway of the room missing most of its floor. The halfling seems to have made it across the gap (thanks to a solid beam) and is now kneeling in front of a large ironbound chest.

Darian finds nothing of value on the goblins, as Searinox leaves the windmill in a hurry. The worried half-elf sees Wilhelm as soon as he leaves the windmill and the warlock waves him to a wrecked farmhouse. Buddy is busy digging at the wreckage, but suddenly a shifted piece of wood causes a lot debris to move. A large piece of the remaining roof falls to the side luckily and it looks like you are making a bit of progress.

The young wizard looks inward his eyes going complete white as he establishes a link to his familiar. Not only can he see through her eyes, but he can feel confusion as she looks at her "paws". The wizard is just as confused, but he can see her on the move. A beam of sunlight has widen enough for her to squeeze through and move up towards the top of the wreckage. As Devana breaches the top Searinox lets his sight return to normal.

Everyone watches as a small black cat exits near the top of the home. It has lavender eyes that shine in the light as it sits on its haunches looking at the gathered group. Searinox is beside himself in great confusion, "Wha-? How? This is?" as he stammers out all the questions going through his head, two great dark wings sprout from the familiars back, and she takes wing.

tressym.png

Everyone watches in wonder as Devana flys in a quick couple of circles before landing at the feet of Searinox.

[sblock=Stats]
Tressym_stats.jpg[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
Little Buddy gives the air near the cat a sniff. He gives a low bear growl, but only because at his current size he is frightened of the familiar.

[sblock=Little Buddy]
blooddrinker.jpg[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
”There’s a cat under there!” Wilhelm motions to Searinox to come over, when all of a sudden the.. cat?.. appears.

”Err... what kind of cat is that?” the warlock asks, confused. He looks at Searinox for answers, although he’s not sure any are coming.

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Does Buddy know what it is?

Animal Handling: [roll0]

Ha ha! Stupid Buddy ain’t so Stupid!

So, assuming a 20 is enough...

”That, my friends, is a Tressym.” He pulls out a piece of meat from his sack, giving a piece to Little Buddy, then offering one to the Tressym.

“Tricky little buggers. Good at finding hidden things, and they can fly. I wish I had one...”. He looked down at his tiny bear, “Oh, don’t worry, Little Buddy. I wouldn’t get rid of you.”

Last edited:

"Devana? Is that you?" Searinox asks quiestionably. He turns a quick eye to Buddy "A Tressym you say? What it Tetra's name happend to you?" he kneels down and starts petting her.

After a while he picks her up and lets her coil around his shoulders So She can rest.
Sighing he turns to the others "Well, either way, I'll figure this out later."

OOC: Arcana Check [roll0] to see if i can think of any reason why this happend

hero4hire

Explorer
Fareon regarded the large chest rubbing his chin. The thing was big...bigger than the foreign halfling! Getting it over the plank was not going to happen. He could just try to push it and let it drop to the floor below, but anything delicate within would surely break. So with a whistle he took out his dagger and stuck it probingly into the lock. The wicked looking curved blade seemed inadequate for such fine manipulation.

OOC: Pick lock: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Donchya have any picky things?" asked Halruhk looking dubiously across the plank at the halfling. He wasn't sure if the plank could possibly hold his weight, or he'd come and help. It also occurred to him that the contents of the chest probably belonged to someone, assuming they could find anyone alive.

Remove ads