• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

Shayuri

First Post
"Hold still a second, Javin," instructs Aridha. She hunkers down and starts carefully sawing at the net still constricted around the merchant with her sword's edge.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Tinkling laughter. "So these are indeed the tools needed to defeat the coming darkness?"

Old Rana slowly unfolded, hair spilling from her hood to the ground, simultaneously gray and wild and black and silky, thorn and brambles woven-in. Young and old, crone and beauty.

OOC: Fey Presence

Her voice had grown louder yet more hollow, as if speaking from some invisible tunnel or cave. She spoke aloud, looking at the others with greater interest.

"The sword and axe," she said, turning her gaze to Hexiros and Emmyr. "Used to both defend us and defeat our foes."

"The book," and all eyes turned towards Gwylla. "Knowledge and understanding. Like a blade of the mind, another way to defeat the evil that threatens this world."

"The crowbar!" And Templeton looked perplexed pointing a finger at himself as if to say, Who me? "When the way is blocked and brute force is not enough, who is to say a more cunning way cannot be found?"

"And lastly, the jewel." Rana's voice(s) dipped into sarcasm. "The inspiration for venturing forth? The reward? The persuasion needed to get others to join in the venture? Useful in all cases, useful to our cause."

A delighted grin at them all -- infinitely charming; hard and uncaring.

And then Rana's body shook slightly, and she collapsed atop her gnarled cane, breathing suddenly hard- heavy with exhaustion.

Herself once more.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I like how roughly sailor is the jewel :) oh, wait... ;)

Aridha and Zanword aren't heroes, we just follow Rana around.

Shayuri

First Post
"Don'tcha ever get tired of listenin' to yerself gab?" Aridha tosses at Rana irritably. "Maybe yeh could HELP or somethin?"

Maybe she was just sour that she didn't get to be a cool 'tool of heroism' or whatnot in whatever prophecy marlarky the old bag was spinning today.

River Song

Explorer
"Any you madam?" Rebekah asks with a raised eyebrow. "A puzzle piece? Because at the moment your insights are as useful as a single piece of a puzzle. If it wasn't for my man at arms, Master Anvilforge here, you would have no doubt taken these vague surmising's to some deep dark grave. I have seen many a fortune teller peddle the same routines at court, though I must admit, your magic does make the theatrics somewhat more entertaining."

She rewarded Emmyr with an affectionate smile, "I think the chamomile would be pleasant. Today has been trying on my poor nerves."

industrygothica

Adventurer
Hexiros looks at Rebekah curiously. Surveying the battlefield around him, and the blood and gore on his halberd despite his poor performance, he offers her a queer smile... maybe the first since they've been in each others' presence. "I think the lady has it right," he chuckles. "I could go for a spot of tea myself."

OOC: And a bit of healing, if someone doesn't mind...

Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 16; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]4[/COLOR]/12
[B]Initiative:[/B] -1
[B]Saves:[/B] STR +5, CON +4
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 11
[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Draconian
[B]Current XP:[/B] 250
[B]Level:[/B] 1

[B]Skills:[/B] Animal Handling +3, Athletics +5, Intimidation +4, Survival +3
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 17 (+3), Dex 8 (-1), Con 14 (+2), Int 10 (+0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 14 (+2)

-[B]Inspiration[/B]? [ ] Yes, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] No
-[B]Second Wind[/B]? [ ] Available, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] Used
-[B]Breath Weapon[/B]? [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] Available, [ ]Used

Neurotic

Zanword frees the merchant and returns to the gnoll felled by thrown dagger. He looks the dagger over, judging its weight and make and even smelling it. Even through the blood on the blade, the hilt still holds traces of perfumed flesh it was pressed against. This just confirms his judgemenent about not-so-fragile noblewoman - slumming can have curious effects on the pampered brats, waking them up to realities of the world even if they are not directly harmed.

Smiling to himself he takes the dainty blade to the dwarven fighter.
"Master Anvilforge, I believe this belongs to you. Thank you for that helpful throw."
he smiles more widely as the announcement is loud enough to be heard by all and he tries to catch Rebeccas eye.

[roll0]

Last edited:

River Song

Explorer
OOC: Deception Roll to see if Rebekah can maintain facade under Zanwords scrutiny. [roll0]

Whilst the dagger was being retrieved, Rebekah effected a cool dispassion to the investigations of the throwing knife, see seemed to be deep in conversation with the half-elven spellcaster on the nature of some of the magical abilities she displayed.

"​Positively fascinating my dear how you managed to cloak yourself in that magic. I can imagine it would protect you from many of the rigours of the road."

OOC: looks like enworld loves rebekah's duplicity

Last edited:

Neurotic

OOC: Deception Roll to see if Rebekah can maintain facade under Zanwords scrutiny. [roll0]

OOC: looks like enworld loves rebekah's duplicity

OOC: Oh, no, he already knows, smelling part has nothing to do wih you being good enough not to show it :)

Like that old saying "the goat may lie, but the horn doesn't" - not sure if that's correct translation, that is my language direct translation from "Ako laže koza, ne laže rog"

Remove ads