D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
“I’m just an old housewife,” whispered Rana as she brushed Aridha’s hair by the tiny fire. “but- Those who move outside the prophecies- I think they can be- unpredictable- free to move as they will? Don’t you think they could be the most dangerous of them all?”

Because danger was something young girls liked.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Zanword collects the "valuables" of the gnolls
"Javin, some of these are poor quality, but you may still get some money for scrap metal or in exchange for the new wheel. We can help you fit the spare and we'll get to the town in no time."
If something is in good shape he offers to the party members first.

He collects all dead warriors in one place and slowly digs a shallow grave pausing only to sit with the tea party. After that he resumes the digging.

[roll0] - woo hoo! we all made it!

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
20zcwso.jpg

Forest
Evening
Round 0

"Well done, Master Anvilforge." Rebekah moved over to one side, fastidiously avoiding the battlefield remains, and after a quick brush she sat down on a fallen log. "Now that Master Javin is safe and sound, I will take my tea."

“Yes, milady,” Emmyr said, breathing heavily. He beamed at the praise. He wiped the splattered gore from his face with a handkerchief and cleaned his blades. Then he retrieved his axes from the body of the gnoll. Pulling out his waterskin, he washed up as well as he could before starting a fire to make the tea. The sturdy dwarf wasn’t looking all that healthy, still bleeding in places.

Rebekah rewarded Emmyr with an affectionate smile. "I think the chamomile would be pleasant. Today has been trying on my poor nerves."

“O’ course, milady,” Emmyr nodded, adding the herbs when the kettle was boiling and letting it steep. He looked a little annoyed when Hexeiros asked for tea as well. As if he should share the Lady’s expensive tea with a commoner!

"Master Anvilforge, I believe this belongs to you. Thank you for that helpful throw."

Emmyr looked up at Zanword with confusion, and at the delicate dagger with even more confusion. “Tha’ isnae…” he started, but then shrugged and took the weapon. It looked like it would break on first contact with any armor! Hardly a dwarven weapon. But one could never have too many daggers, so he slipped it into his belt.

When the tea was ready, Emmyr brought the cup (and saucer! A lady needed a saucer!) to Rebekah. Her dagger in his belt was conveniently in a position for a deft lift if she desired, though unintentional on Emmyr’s part.

"I suppose we should remove the arms and equipment from these creatures, lest we provide some person of mean demeanour an opportunity to take up a life of brigandry. It would be nothing less than our civic duty would demand to hand these articles of war over in Homlet."

“I’ll take care o’ it, milady,” Emmyr promised. As the others enjoyed their tea, the weary, bloodied dwarf started dragging gnoll bodies away, digging a hole, stripping them of gear and valuables, and dumping them into the pit.

He looks about ready to fall over as he trudges back to camp just as everyone is packing up.

Insight: 1D20 = [10] = 10

OOC: I’ll let you decide if you let Emmyr have a short rest!

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 3/13 HD: 1/1d10
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
“I’ll take care o’ it, milady,” Emmyr promised. As the others enjoyed their tea, the weary, bloodied dwarf started dragging gnoll bodies away, digging a hole, stripping them of gear and valuables, and dumping them into the pit.

He looks about ready to fall over as he trudges back to camp just as everyone is packing up.
OOC:
Luckily for you, Zanword already done it before you finished the tea ;)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Hexiros, battered and bloodied himself, steps in front of the dwarf as he carries on about his tasks. "Stop, friend, if just for a moment. You'll do the lady no good if you're dead from blood loss. Rest for a moment; I'll assist with the clean-up while you do so."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Zanword collects all dead warriors in one place and slowly digs a shallow grave pausing only to sit with the tea party. After that he resumes the digging.

And

As the others enjoyed their tea, the weary, bloodied dwarf started dragging gnoll bodies away, digging a hole, stripping them of gear and valuables, and dumping them into the pit.

“Mud,” reminded the old witch with a not-unkind gesture in that general direction. (Although, true enough, if the boys had extra nervous energy to spend after the battle, they could certainly do a lot worse than digging...)

OOC: She'll renew the magical mud spell if need be, please EB. If they do use it, Zanword and Emmyr (and Hexiros?) will find the mud surprisingly deep and... welcoming. :)
OOC: Sorry, that only comes back after a long rest, but will use the mud spot as it is the softest earth at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Emmyr finds that Hexiros and Zanword have policed the bodies while he boiled the tea, allowing him time to catch his breath and bandage a couple of the deeper cuts. The dragonborn gives over most of the gear to Templeton to stack and sort, as he and the sailor drag the bodies away from the road to where Rana made her magical muddy area. The ground is very soft and makes for easy digging.

Javin's driver comes out of hiding and the two begin thier work on the broken cart.

While everyone is busy, they reflect on the ambush and the gnoll's tactics. The initial arrows were aimed at the horses to probably sow chaos, but not to kill. That knowledge along with the nets suggests they wanted to take as many captives as possible (even live horses), but take them where? Losing their champion in the first few seconds caused them to act independently (and scared a few), so it was like battle small groups and not a large host. And finally there was the magic, a typical group of caravan guards may have one spellcaster (and that is a low chance at best), the gnoll leader signaled the retreat after three spells were cast in the area at the same time. Clearly not wishing to lose many more of its pack was the reason the gnoll lord chose to leave. You learn that some creatures are superstitious and the unknown is just as formidable a weapon as the keenest blade.

Rana investigates the gnoll bodies as they await the shallow hole to be dug. She finds Disletow in their fur (made up swamp plant), and their bear feet and shins have a slight green coloration to them, as if they had walked through an algae pool's green waters. She instantly knows where they came from, although it lies miles and miles away, there is little doubt.

While the carts are being fixed and the bodies buried, the group gathers in a circle around the small fire inspecting the items they found among the gnolls.

OOC:
7 spears - worthless save as scrapmetal
4 shields - also of worthless quality
2 nets - one needs mending
[roll0] silver
[roll1] copper
lump of blue quartz - value 10gp
Rebekah History roll DC10, 1d20+2=20
Gwllya History roll DC10, 1d20+5=16

As Rebekah sees the design on all the shields she gives a small gasp, she had seen the emblem once before. A banner in trophy room of the Marquis de Loncre, had the same flaming eye. It was captured by some uncle or brother-in-law of the Marquis, during...

[sblock=Emblem]
eye.jpg[/sblock]

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Not long ago, evil cultists built a chapel in the wilds of Verbobonc. The unholy site attracted worshipers, bandits, orcs, giants, and other undesirables. Eventually, the cultists expanded the structure until a great host was raised. Their activities had brought them to the attention of the good people of Furyondy and Veluna, as well as the dwarves of the Lortmil Mountains and the gnomes of the Kron Hills.

Prince Thrommel IV of Furyondy assembled an army, which became known as the Righteous Host, and marched it southeast from Verbobonc to confront the growing threat. Along the way, Thrommel made alliances with dwarves and gnomes, who added their numbers to the host.

At Emridy Meadows the two armies met, but before the fighting started the cult used a strange artifact to summon a demon from the depths of the Abyss. The day surely would have been lost if not for the arrival of the greatest wizards in the land, The Circle of Eight. Using their magic they helped route the forces of darkness.

Prince Thrommel led his forces into a great melee where he himself threw down the demon and the black wizard who had summoned it. Driven from the field the army of darkness retreated back into its fortress. There the Circle of Eight combined their magic to seal away the demon forever. The Prince was lost to the darkness of the evil dungeons, his body never found.

Gwylla lets everyone know that the Battle of Emridy Meadows happened ten years ago (569 CY), and from her research into the Circle of Eight, the demon wasn't sent back to the Abyss only confined to the dungeons below the evil fortress. She then goes into a long technical telling of the spells used and the combining of their ritual magic, which afterward everyone else only gets from her report that the magic was extremely powerful. There is also reference to a book in her notes, Spiral of Darkness: A Demon Binder’s Guide to the Abyss, which the Righteous Host stole from the cultist and gave to the Circle of Eight, to use in their sealing off of...

The Temple of Elemental Evil.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
“I’m just an old housewife,” whispered Rana as she brushed Aridha’s hair by the tiny fire. “but- Those who move outside the prophecies- I think they can be- unpredictable- free to move as they will? Don’t you think they could be the most dangerous of them all?”

Because danger was something the girl liked.

Aridha shook her head.

"Is that what I am?" she asked. "I dinna want tae be dangerous, Rana...I've had more'n enough of that."

Into the awkward pause, the young druidess continued in a soft voice, nearly a whisper.

"I ken feel it. Last night. Even some of today. Like somethin' living inside of me. We...I dinna know if what they did will work. Maybe it'd be better if...if I left the camp fer tonight, or if yeh tied me up or something. Jest tae be sure."

Remove ads