TSR Ed Greenwood Sold The Forgotten Realms For $5,000

This week in Ben Riggs' podcast, he interviews Ed Greenwood, father of the Forgotten Realms, about his 1987 agreement with TSR wherein he sold the rights to the Realms for $5,000. "We also discuss the origin and publication of the Realms, and I am able to tell Ed, officially, how many units his game work sold decades after the fact. (You can check out the numbers below!)" Click here to listen!

This week in Ben Riggs' podcast, he interviews Ed Greenwood, father of the Forgotten Realms, about his 1987 agreement with TSR wherein he sold the rights to the Realms for $5,000. "We also discuss the origin and publication of the Realms, and I am able to tell Ed, officially, how many units his game work sold decades after the fact. (You can check out the numbers below!)" Click here to listen!

Forgotten Realms Sales Numbers.PNG

gyor

Legend
$5,000 for a setting that has generated 10's of millions of dollars in revenue over decades. He got screwed, but he is such a good, humble none greedy person he seems at peace with it. Let's be honest Ed is probably the single most humble major setting creator in existance. His IP made millions and it's a trans media empire now, but he still works as a Librarian. I respect his lack of materialism, its a about the art of creation for him.

Video games, RPG books, novels, comics, dice, maps, miniatures, ect... All based on the Forgotten Realms.

And you know TV shows and Movies are coming eventually.

Remove ads

Remove ads