D&D 5E Ed Greenwood's Border Kingdoms Now Available (& Official!)

From Forgotten Realms creator Ed Greenwood and writer Alex Kammer, The Border Kingdoms, a sourcebook for the Forgotten Realms, is now available in PDF, softcover, and hardcover format.

Additionally, the book is "an officially-approved Wizards of the Coast release, meaning that its content is Adventurers League legal and all the lore contained in the book is official Forgotten Realms canon!"

244431.png

According to the sage Meriadas of Westgate: “The Border Kingdoms are the most favored destination for adventurers who want to proudly and boldly conquer a realm or establish their own new kingdom. Lords, counts, dukes, kings and emperors rise, proclaim themselves, and are swept away with the speed and regularity of waves crashing upon a shore.”

A legendary “frontier” corner of the Forgotten Realms, the Border Kingdoms are where adventurers come to carve out their own kingdom, flee retribution, hide treasure — or find someone else's treasure.

It is a hodgepodge of tiny realms ruled by kings, grand viziers, imperial overdukes, and all manner of cabals, councils, and self-titled nobles. It's full of ruins, folk who want to stay hidden, long-slumbering secrets, and adventures waiting to happen.

The Border Kingdoms is a valuable resource for Dungeon Masters and players alike. In addition to describing the people and places of the Border Kingdoms, this book contains enough adventure hooks and lore to keep adventuring parties busy for years.

The Border Kingdoms includes:
  • Over 100 pages of lore about the Border Kingdoms
  • A beautiful new map of the Border Kingdoms by Mike Schley
  • 11 new and fully Adventures League legal character backgrounds
  • Dozens of brand new illustrations
  • Brand new campaign hooks

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Thinking of picking up the softcover of this. Has anyone bought any POD books off DM Guild that can attest to the quality? The map really looks nice, hoping I'll be able to read the print version with my poor eyesight.

The quality is good. The only problem with drivethru and its adjacent sites is the shipping cost if you arent in the US. Shipping to Canada (I live in a somewhat major area, not the frozen edges of the country!) cost between 15$ and 133$, so its a little prohibitive.

R_J_K75

Legend
The quality is good. The only problem with drivethru and its adjacent sites is the shipping cost if you arent in the US. Shipping to Canada (I live in a somewhat major area, not the frozen edges of the country!) cost between 15$ and 133$, so its a little prohibitive.

Thanks. I was a little worried about the quality because I know that I've printed .pdfs that I bought online and they came out a little blurry. Then again I'm only using a $50 HP Deskjet, so I'd hope that if I'm buying a POD it'd be printed from something more commercial.

$15-$133 sucks and on top of it I bet it takes quite awhile.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Thanks. I was a little worried about the quality because I know that I've printed .pdfs that I bought online and they came out a little blurry. Then again I'm only using a $50 HP Deskjet, so I'd hope that if I'm buying a POD it'd be printed from something more commercial.

$15-$133 sucks and on top of it I bet it takes quite awhile.

I usually buy the PDF from books I love from Dmguild then edit the part I appreciate less with a pdf editer then have it print at Stapples (in Canada, at least). I get to choose the paper and cover I like, and sometime I go for the black n white version to save money on pdf with low image content.

R_J_K75

Legend
I usually buy the PDF from books I love from Dmguild then edit the part I appreciate less with a pdf editer then have it print at Stapples (in Canada, at least). I get to choose the paper and cover I like, and sometime I go for the black n white version to save money on pdf with low image content.

In the 90s there was a Kinkos by my house, where I could photo copy parts of maps enlarged on 11" x 17" paper, and get entire maps laminated for really cheap. They've since closed. Now there's an Office Depot in the area but their prices are ridiculous, and they act like they cant be bothered to print anything for you.

That's good to hear, since the two Monster Manual Expanded books from the DMs Guild will be available for POD in the next couple of weeks, and I'm definitely looking at purchasing them.

SAVeira

Adventurer
I am in Canada awhile and I cannot believe their shipping costs. I wish they would get a Canadian printer for Canadian customers. In the meantime, I just build up a wishlist and do a mass order when I have several items.

Von Ether

Legend
This reminds me of a much nicer version of what happened with the writer of the Vampire Diaries.

See, the Diaries is a packed product from the publisher. So they run it more like a media-tie in franchise and the writer, L. J. Smith, signed a work to hire contract.

When the writer wanted to continue with her planned story arcs instead of fall in line with the TV show when it went big, the publisher fired her. But Amazon's Kindle Worlds, their version of the DM's Guild for fan fic, had come along.

So for a while, the original writer was able to continue her story arc and get paid under Kindle Worlds. Just as Greenwood is now adding back to FR.

The Kindle World experiment only lasted 5 years, though, and the DMs Guild is still going strong.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases