• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Edition 3.5

Corlon

First Post
For some reason, I don't feel like buying all the new books, so can anyone point me towards or tell about some of the major changes in 3.5?

Corlon

First Post
looking at the revision thread, do the changes to barbarian replace anything as in does he get his uncanny dodge at the same levels and his trap sense or what.

and are there any changes to the fighter, or any changes besides the bluff skill to the sorcerer?

WizarDru

Adventurer
IIRC, the barbarian sees few changes, and he doesn't lose any of his existing abilities, although they may have slightly shifted the order around. I believe he still gets his dodge as per a 3.0 barbarian, but I'm not sure.

Corlon said:
looking at the revision thread, do the changes to barbarian replace anything as in does he get his uncanny dodge at the same levels and his trap sense or what.

and are there any changes to the fighter, or any changes besides the bluff skill to the sorcerer?

Barbarians gain some additional abilities at higher levels. Fighters have Intimidate as a class skill, and the list of fighter feats is expanded. Sorcerers get bluff, and can swap out spells on a limited basis starting at 4th level.

If you don't see it in the compiled thread, it either is not changing (and it's not worth compiling a list of "no change" items that would be as long as the original books), or it's changing and hasn't been leaked yet. At this point I'd guess we've caught 90%+ of the mechanics changes, though there are certainly a lot of minor adjustments to spells and monsters to comply with the new mechanics that we haven't seen.

Remove ads