Edition wars...a GOOD thing? or if not, an APPROPRIATE thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
However, when 4E arrived, that 'Older Editions' free download section was never updated to accomodate 3E content.

Wasn't that because they simply let the entire online support of 3e remain as a separate section?

D&D3e archive

It was probably easier just to let the 3e stuff remain in the structure it had, than folding into the "Older editions" section. After all, the material was/is still available, it's just not placed in the same section.

Or maybe you're thinking of some other type of support, in which case I apologise for the misunderstanding.

Cheers!

/M

Last edited:

Barastrondo

First Post
Oh come on, enough facetiousness and calling other geeks geeks, you geek.

Did I ever say I wasn't? I'm talking "pretend to be elves" on this forum same as everyone else.

It's like student politics - viciously fought because so little is at stake.

I'd call that an argument to try not sinking to that level, not an excuse to do so.

And it's human nature to try to even the score when someone feels they've been betrayed. The rest of coming across as a "jerk" is because an argument makes both sides seem jerks unless very civil, and when you're no longer on the inside you face a whole bandwagon of opposition.

Even so, "try to be civil" is still an option. Yes, it's harder. Yes, I've been there. But what pride is there in failing to treat "the other side" like neighbors, or in not even trying?

But you've already decided such behaviour makes no sense, in fact it "astounds" you. I'm surprised you don't understand the psychology of it, but instead want to pretend those who don't just piss off are jerks.

There is a world of difference between "those who don't just piss off" and "those who are rude, aggressive and uninterested in discussion." Not once have I said that I want anyone to stop expressing their opinion. I would just like it much better if everyone were willing to express their opinions — on both sides — with a basic modicum of civility. To have edition discussions without edition wars.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Didn't I tell you to lay off the psychobabble?
Bye. Don't ignore mods when they tell you to stop acting like a jerk.

And thread closed, guys. Good riddance! Now go post about something that's actually fun, and go take joy in whichever game you love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads