Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: rubisco is MIA. I'll NPC Petra.

Petra takes a seat next to the driver, her cloak only half as protective against the light rain as her grim determination.

With the cab at capacity, Arthur walking close by, and the few patrons excited enough to brave the rain, the cab driver gives a loud "Heeyah!"

And the parade is under way!

The horse clops quietly around the Red Dragon statue at the center of the plaza. Though the parade route takes you nowhere near the entrance to the Red Dragon Inn, the tavern practically empties itself as the cab leaves Edwyd's store front. In spite of the rain, the parade now consists of 4 protectors, a driver, and about 15 bundled up pedestrians.

Again, despite the rain, Petra and Arthur feel a foundation of heat, deep in their bones, as though the rain can only penetrate skin deep. Something about the scent of that warm, homemade pie just warms the body up. And the grins in the growing crowd of followers are only one indication that the pie's effects aren't confined to the cab's vicinity.

As the horse climbs over a small footbridge and Merchant's Avenue comes into view, it becomes apparent that the brigade's reputation has preceded them. A group of about 30 people, huddled under stalls and cloaks, all raise their noses at once, smelling the pie before they can see it. Their moods brighten considerably, and they join the crowd with bright enthusiasm. A couple of dogs start barking and leaping into the air again and again, their senses of smell overcome, and the crowd laughs at the spectacle. Is it just you, or is the sun coming out?

The parade continues up Merchant Avenue, the dogs practically walking on their hind legs with excitement, much to the enjoyment of the crowd.

[sblock=Spot DC 15]Beneath one of the stalls ahead skulk another pair of dogs, though these two look less happy and more... determined? Can dogs have such a look? In any case, there's no way these dogs haven't noticed the smell, and they're waiting more quietly, more calmly than makes you feel comfortable...[/sblock]

Medina

Explorer
Kalli sits in the carraige with the pie, his mood lightening after the scuffle with Artur as people begin to join the parade but make no move to cause a problem. The smallest glimmer of a smile begins to cross his face, although it's not entirely clear whether he's starting to enjoy the parade or enjoying watching other people in the rain while he's in a covered cab.

"I must admit, it does smell like a good pie." Kalli says after taking a deep breath.

"It's going better than I thought. Maybe this job isn't going to be so tough as I feared. Edwyd could have saved himself a bit of gold and done this himself."

OOC: The dice roll was the Spot check, I just forgot to write it in

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

Kalli sits in the carraige with the pie, his mood lightening after the scuffle with Artur as people begin to join the parade but make no move to cause a problem. The smallest glimmer of a smile begins to cross his face, although it's not entirely clear whether he's starting to enjoy the parade or enjoying watching other people in the rain while he's in a covered cab.

"I must admit, it does smell like a good pie." Kalli says after taking a deep breath.

"It's going better than I thought. Maybe this job isn't going to be so tough as I feared. Edwyd could have saved himself a bit of gold and done this himself."

Kaleva is greatly enjoying the cheering effects of the pie and while maintaining a careful lookout, marveling at the procession that has been attracted to the pie. Suddenly, his vigilant eyes catch something unusual.

Pointing, he says, "Look at that stall. Those dogs look like trouble."

Once he has Kalli looking in the right direction, he tries to get Petra and Arthur's attention, "There might be some trouble. Look over there!"

Spot (DC:15) (1d20+2=22)

Last edited:

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

Arthur hangs his backpack on the carriage and keeps his staff at hand as he looks at the stall Kaleva is pointing at.

"I see them too. I'll get in their way just in case..."

Arthur positions himself to intercept the dogs.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Medina: Good question, regarding the pie... Will Kalli be holding it two handed? If so, no special rules. If Kalli intends to wield a weapon in the other hand, I imagine a balance check would be needed. What'll it be?

rubisco: I'll wait another day before NPCing Petra in combat.

Code:
Map Legend:
K Kalli
V Kaleva
A Arthur
P Petra
C Cab driver
H Horse
1 Dog #1
2 Dog #2

Brown things: 5' high stall tables

Not pictured: the crowd of 50 people makes movement more difficult.  Movement costs 2 squares, and tumble and balance checks have their DC's increased by 2.

Attachments

• street-with-stalls.jpg
    street-with-stalls.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 157

Remove ads