Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The dogs bound towards Arthur, then suddenly part, darting around him. He waves his staff ineffectually.

Kaleva and Kalli, seeing the fast approach, quickly prepare themselves.

Kaleva is totally prepared when the dogs reach the cab. With a quick, sharp *THWACK*, the staff comes down on the dog's head, dazing it.

Kalli, having drawn a flail, is in position to handle the second dog...

(OOC: Kaleva: non-lethal or lethal damage?

Kalli: attack (and damage, just in case) rolls and type of damage (lethal or not), please.)

Medina

Explorer
OOC: Hitting a dog; lethal damage.

For reference, Kalli will pull his blow and try and deal non-lethal damage to a villager who's not looking to deal lethal damage to him or the party, otherwise he'll deal lethal damage.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Kaleva's retaliation has left the first dog unconscious. It lies motionless on the ground, blood seeping from its ears. The onlookers shriek in shock and alarm at the brutality. The mood of the parade goes from glad to grim in a second.

Formerly just milling about, the folks in the parade start scattering, mostly randomly, but always away from the bleeding dog.

(OOC: Movement through the panicked crowd now costs 3 squares, and balance and tumble checks have their DCs increased by 4.)

The second dog manages to evade Kalli's staff. Unlike the crowd, it is unfazed by its fallen companion and continues its trajectory towards the pie.

The way to the prize blocked by Kalli, the dog leaps up, colliding with Kalli's torso at a high velocity.

(OOC: Dog 2 attempts to grapple Kalli. Need opposed grapple from Kalli, must meet or beat 11.)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Kalli manages to fend the dog off for now. Repelled back outside the cab, it begins to bound about frantically, looking for an alternate route to the pie.

Arthur...

Petra...

(Actions from Arthur and Petra, please)

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

Arthur runs back and attempts to intercept the closest dog so it is between himself and one of his comrades.

OOC: judging by the game board, I make a 5-foot step to the right and charge straight south until I'm next to the closest dog (and hoping one of my allies is across)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Arthur heads south to flank the dog still standing. (I presume that Arthur is not game-mechanically charging: he doesn't need a double move, and to flank the dog, it won't be at the end of his charge. So Arthur still has a standard action.)

Petra...

ROUND 1

Code:
[b]Initiative:[/b]
[i]Petra  [/i][color=green][12/12 HP][/color]
[i]Kaleva [/i][color=green][9/9   HP][/color]
[i]Kalli  [/i][color=green][18/18 HP][/color]
[i]Dog #1 [/i][color=red  ][-2/6  HP][/color] (unconscious and dying)
[i]Dog #2 [/i][color=green][6/6   HP][/color]
[i]Arthur [/i][color=green][9/9   HP][/color]

Code:
[b]Conditions and Effects[/b]
Pie-crazy (must find and eat pie): Dogs #1 and #2

Attachments

• street-with-stalls.jpg
    street-with-stalls.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 162

Remove ads