Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
As quarterstaves are free, its fine to just grab them from your shop. Even a standard glass bottle (for wine) costs 2gp, so I imagine a special, rarer piece of glassware like a large pie cover would cost more. Even a completed alchemist's lab is unlikely to have such a container.

tl; dr: I don't think your character has a glass pie cover just lying around. =)

Regarding the route: I was vague on the Merchant's Ave part, you travel north. Here's a rough map, not entirely to scale:

Code:
o Edwyd's home                           |
|Thunis                                  | Merchant's Ave
|                  Allimon               |
+----------------------------------------+
.                                        |
.                                        |
.                                        |   +-+
.                                        +---+ + Red Dragon Inn
.                                            +-+

Last edited:

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

OOC: Thanks for the info and ruling. I'd like to see what the others have to say, but I think ours plans might be done. Aside from hiring a cab, we will try to figure out some container to use to protect the pie.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Ok, so you've made your plan, now your characters are sitting silently in a room in an inn. Who's putting the plan to action?

Who's hiring the cab and fronting the three copper? Who's buying the pie platter, where will you even go to find such a thing? Where do you go to hire the cab? Will you bargain with the shop keeper, or do you just want to say "SRD says its 3cp per mile, so whatever, we meet the cab outside and wait for the appointed hour".

Actions! I need actions!

epicbob

Explorer
"Is time of the essence? I thought we could perhaps compare the offerings of different cab services."

Arthur ponders some more before continuing :

"As for a cover against rain, I sadly have no idea besides hanging a piece of leather over it"

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

"We only have an hour before we need to meet the baker."

"Perhaps we could divide the labors. I'll go to my shop and pick up a couple of quarterstaffs. We would then need to hire a cab. The cost really should be neglible, so we find the cab best suited to our duty. We also need to find something that we could we use to protect the pie when it is not in the covered cab. On my way back from my shop, I could ask a couple of the merchants, and see what they have that might be serviceable."

epicbob

Explorer
At the mention of "when not in the cab", Arthur thinks for a few moments.

"Perhaps a bird cage? It's not too difficult to find and it prevents immediate access to the pie."

"As for the rest, it sounds like a good plan to me. As long as the cab provides a roof against the rain and a stable enough platform, we should be capable of carrying out our task."

rubisco

First Post
Petra, Fighter 1

Petra grins at the thought of a birdcage. "Ingenious, Arthur. And those are sold with covers, so that should do it. Seeing as how everyone seems to have a task, I will make myself useful and call for a cab to meet us at Edwyd's shop." With that, Petra about-faces on her heels and walks through the door, closing it behind her.

Petra, fairly foreign to this town, decides to ask the Red Dragon Inn's barkeep where she can find a carriage to help them with their task.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases