Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Petra over comes the allure of the pie and returns to her senses. Edwyd emerges from the back, bearing a tray of fresh pastries for the many shelves behind the counter. He places the tray in front of an assistant at the counter and turns around to survey the cozy room.

"Ah, you're early! Pie's still settling in the back, should be ready by the end of the hour. How about that smell though?" He takes a deep inhalation through his wide nose and sighs contentedly. "Don't know what it is about this day, but try as I might, I can only make a pie like this once a year. I'd love to chat, but I've got dough balls waiting in the back. Have a seat, have a scone, on me!"

With a nod to his assistant and a gesture to an array of fresh scones, Edwyd retreats through a wooden door to the kitchen.

---

Kaleva, Arthur, and Kallia trek through the streets of Orussus, quarterstaves now in hand, scouting out the first bit of the route. Merchant's Avenue, normally bustling at this hour, is practically devoid of shoppers. It seems that only the servants of the stricter masters shop in the rain, and many merchants are huddling idly beneath their covered carts.

The trio passes a shop selling birds, and a few birdcages are stacked, unused, but judging by the stains on the base of the cage, they are no places to put pies. Perhaps if they had time for a thorough cleaning...?

Other than that, nothing catches their eye on the return trip, and they soon find themselves back in the Red Dragon Plaza.

[sblock=Arthur]Knowledge DC 10: The parade route takes you a short distance along Merchant's Ave, which happens to be the location of several notable stores, including:

Fenton's Wines & Spirits
di Senzio's Magical Shop
Stonebender's Forge

At the corner Thunis Street is and Allimon is a bazaar, the location of a well known jeweler for the residents of the High District: Jaramis. Just to the north of the bazaar is a watchtower, one of several outposts and dispatch centers for the Orussian Guard.

Also near this intersection, and just off the parade route, is the notorious tower of Rilithorne the Mage. As the most powerful wizard in the city, Arthur has heard several stories of "experiments gone wrong", often involving the eccentric wizard's tower and the immediate vicinity. (The veracity of this hearsay is questionable, to be sure.)[/sblock]

rubisco

First Post
Petra, Fighter 1

Petra's stomach emits a sad growl toward the fleeing Edwyd before she could get a word out. She had not had much of anything to eat lately, much more anything sweet. She stood up, walked over to the platter of scones with whatever grace she could muster, chose the most modest of the scones, and returned to her seat. As hungry as she was, she would rather die than conduct herself unbecoming of a woman and veteran. She unfolded a handkerchief from her pocket with her free hand and set it on the table, broke off a small piece of the scone, and tasted it. With what restraint she had, she tried to keep her eyes open and any noises to a minimum. With the money from this job, Petra thought, I can spend some more time at this shop.

Not knowing when the others would return, she decided not to rush the eating of this scone. What good would that do?

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

Arthur observes the bird cages and returns with a saddened look.

"Too many of them are covered in bird excrement, as far as I can tell...Do we even have the time to clean one of those?"

Arthur ponders for a short moment.

"Unless a thick enough blanket would cover up the stench?"

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

I am sure that the baker can protect his pie from his door to the cab. Let us continue. I do not think that a used bird cage would be wise.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Kaleva, Arthur and Kalli enter Edwyd's with plenty of time to spare. The see Petra munching slowly on a scone at one of the tables. The other tables are occupied by softspoken locals, enjoying some baked good or another.

And on the subject of baked goods, wafting in the air is a simply divine smell, a mixture of cinnamon and warm apples that tingles your nostrils and flutters your eyelids and...

(Kalli, Kaleva, and Arthur: DC 5 Will saves please)

Medina

Explorer
Kalli's stomach rumbles loudly as he enters the pie shop and the delicious smell of the pies assault his nose. "They smell good..." he mutters.

OOC: Sorry for the two rolls - Enworld spent more than 15 minutes thinking after I'd pressed roll, so I stopped the page and hit roll again... Still, they both pass, so no harm done I guess.

Last edited:

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

"This must be heaven for the sweet-toothed."

Arthur says with a slight smile.

After taking in the smell some more, Arthur replies in a slight daze :

"In fact, these smell IMMENSELY good..."

OOC: Oh crap...what happens now?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper