• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Arthur attempts to catch the dog unawares, but his efforts are in vain as the dog nimbly dodges his attack.

Petra stares ahead into space, temporarily comatose.

ROUND 2

The cab driver stands up and shouts, "I didn't sign up for this!"

The combination of the screaming, running, bleeding has bothered the horse leading the cab. It has decided it will have none of this. Despite the cab driver's pleas, the horse suddenly lurches forward, jolting the cab and disturbing the pie balanced on Kalli's seat...

OOC: Anyone within reach of the pie (Kalli, Kaleva, and Petra) can choose to drop whatever they're holding and make a DC 14 reflex save to grab the pie.

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

Kaleva notices the pie wobble, and immediately drops his quarterstaff to steady it.

OOC: Kaleva tries to save the pie, if someone in the initiative order before Kaleva moves to save it before him, Kaleva's attempt should be interpreted as an aid other attempt.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Kaleva acts quickly and manages to rescue the falling pie from almost certain destruction.

The horse trots up the street, away from the crowd, the dog, and Arthur. And of course bringing the cab with it.

Petra flounders in her seat in the cab, unsure of what to do.

Attachments

• street-with-stalls.jpg
    street-with-stalls.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 324

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Kalli...

ROUND 2

Code:
[b]Initiative:[/b]
[i]Petra  [/i][color=green][12/12 HP][/color]
[i]Kaleva [/i][color=green][9/9   HP][/color]
[i]Kalli  [/i][color=green][18/18 HP][/color] <--
[i]Dog #1 [/i][color=red][-2/6  HP][/color] (unconscious and dying)
[i]Dog #2 [/i][color=green][6/6   HP][/color] (pie-crazy)
[i]Arthur [/i][color=green][9/9   HP][/color]

Code:
[b]Conditions and Effects[/b]
Pie-crazy (must find and eat pie): Dog #2

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Hi folks. I'm sorry I've been such an awful DM.

I have no excuse for my unannounced and lengthy absence. And I'm afraid that I don't intend to stay long unless something changes drastically. Let me attempt to at least explain myself.

I've always loved D&D, but I'll be honest with you, I've never loved DMing. While LEW was alive and thriving, I DMed several games because I felt that I was providing a service to a community. I had fun, but what I really loved was PCing Rasereit (my dwarf) and Fimble (my gnome).

Rasereit has been wasting away in the Red Dragon Inn for years now, and my love for Fimble was destroyed in an attempt to have my cake and eat it, too, when I introduced him as an NPC in my Shovel adventure. All I've done for many a moon now is DM.

I think you see where this is going.

At first I was really trying to keep up my enthusiasm, to "bite the pencil", and hope that the forced curling of my lips would become a genuine smile after a while. I kept it up for a long time, though definitely with some MIA moments. But when I one day decided that I would take an indefinitely long break, I surprised myself with how... unburdened I felt.

Signing on to LEW and "playing": spending way too long making maps, playing multiple NPCs that I had no real emotional investment in, constantly checking rules and even still, often getting them wrong, had become a chore that I grudgingly performed, not a joy that I looked forward to every day.

So I stopped, and then I stayed away, dreading writing this post.

But here I am. This is unfortunately how I feel. I might feel differently if there were other adventures being run, if there were ideas being proposed and arm wrestling in the tavern. But this place feels too much like a ghost town with one DM. And though it saddens me to let it go on my watch, I just have to admit to myself and to everybody that I'm not having fun, and I need to let it go.

So with that being said, Medina, Kaleva, epicbob, were you having fun? Would you like to continue? If you three are excited to finish this adventure, I am happy to see it through. But if LEW is to survive, the next adventure will have to have a different DM.

Sorry for the long post, and again, for the long absence.

Remove ads