D&D 5E Eldritch spear + spellsniper + distant spell

Logic and desire are two birds of a kind.
600 feet range is more than enough anyways. At this point, I would be tempted to add a range penalty feat or not.

But fortunately, I'll never have to make such a ruling. It requires more investment than common sense requires.

Dausuul

Legend
There isn't a "general rule" for this as I am aware of. There are lots of instances which imply it, however.

For example, many class features allow you to apply double your proficiency bonus, as does Expertise. Can you apply it double twice? No, there is a specific ruling in the PHB (pg. 12) that covers that instance. Just as there was one for temporary hit points.
An ability does what it says it does unless there is a specific rule that says otherwise.

To cite the cases where a specific rule does say otherwise, and call them "instances" of a nonexistent general rule, is precisely backwards.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
An ability does what it says it does unless there is a specific rule that says otherwise.
Which... is precisely what I wrote about... so I am not sure if you are agreeing with me or not?

Otherwise, I said there is no general rule I am aware of.

SO... still not getting the point of your post, but meh.

There is no such rule in 5e.
Yep. I didn't think so, but there might be something I'm so used to I forgot or just never noticed before. There are a lot of rules obscurely "hidden" in the body text of some sections.

Remove ads