• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elements of Magic - Mythic Earth (post-release proofread complete!)

genshou

First Post
RangerWickett said:
How does that look?
Looks pretty good! One thing I'd like to point out, though...

A few people that have been Elements of Magic fans have commented to me when I pointed out the release of Mythic Earth that they saw it but weren't aware it was a rulebook designed to work for d20 Modern. Perhaps there's a way to make that more obvious from the outset?

genshou said:
Looks pretty good! One thing I'd like to point out, though...

A few people that have been Elements of Magic fans have commented to me when I pointed out the release of Mythic Earth that they saw it but weren't aware it was a rulebook designed to work for d20 Modern. Perhaps there's a way to make that more obvious from the outset?

Well, I admit that I don't want to hype the d20 Modern aspect too much, because I'm afraid some people will see it and say, "Oh, it's not D&D. I don't need it." The book is compatible with both systems. The promo says as much, and the teaser distinctly spells it out, doesn't it?

Also, it's a pain in the butt to get the newshounds to go in and edit press releases on the news page once they've been released. But if you think I'm somehow deceiving customers, let me know, and I'll fix it. I just wouldn't think that being dual-compatible would be a bad thing.

Archus

Explorer
Mythic Earth looks good on first glance. This version might be an easier port (almost trivial) to True20 compared to EoMR. I might miss the different elements from EoMR (they allowed for very interesting character customization), but this is streamlined. More reading of Mythic Earth is needed. Thanks for another great supplement.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
What's the Craft Point cost for permanent spells? The section on page 24 doesn't seem to say how much they actually cost.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
Alzrius said:
What's the Craft Point cost for permanent spells? The section on page 24 doesn't seem to say how much they actually cost.

I reverse engineered the cost of the sample spell using the formulas under Activated Items and Continuous Items: it appears permanent spells cost the same number of CP as Continuous Items.

Also, in checking on this, I've discovered two typos that unfortunately made it past me in layout: Exorcise Spirit, on page 25, should be Charm 7/Gen 0 (at least, I'm pretty sure it should), and the page reference under Craft Permanent Spell, on page 13, should read 23. The hyperlink on page 13 still goes to the proper page, though.

Last edited:

Yes, Permanent Spells cost the same as items. However . . . hrm. Durn. I can't believe I missed that. There really should be a Craft Permanent Item feat, and then a Craft Permanent Spell feat that is separate. Otherwise people will just make permanent spells as opposed to items.

Well, that's another piece of errata. Fooey.

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
RangerWickett said:
Yes, Permanent Spells cost the same as items. However . . . hrm. Durn. I can't believe I missed that. There really should be a Craft Permanent Item feat, and then a Craft Permanent Spell feat that is separate. Otherwise people will just make permanent spells as opposed to items.

Well, that's another piece of errata. Fooey.

I'm somewhat confused by this, as the Craft Permanent Spell feat seems to indicate quite clearly that it's the feat used for permanent items as well. Given that, and what Marius said about the CP costs, I don't see why either permanent spells or permanent items would be more attractive than the other.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads