• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elven Navy Delta Squad: Thought Taker

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus entered the new room, glancing only momentarily at the star hovering in the room. He focused on the perimeter of the the room looking to make it secure. Marcus motioned to the other team members to either side of the room, with Akodo up by the stars near Thought Taker.

Marcus scanned the room, floor to ceiling, eyes searching for a possible threat.

I subscribe to all of my games, oocs, etc.

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
There are real stars to look at, Chjargal thinks to himself as he watches Akodo and the illithid, and they aren't kept inside a blasted floating tomb...

OOC: I don't subscribe to any of my threads. I'm on the forums so often I just check on them from time to time.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Hanging in space just beyond each of the three points is a tiny, glinting speck of metal. Akodo's sense of wonder grows. He thinks that if his eyesight were acute enough he might make out trilateral symmetry in the speck. And - if he could see things that infinitesimally small - would he be able to see even smaller stars framing that tiny object? And smaller stars around those stars...?

"The helm." Thought Taker's mental voice is filled with awe. "I wonder..." The creature reaches out and delicately touches the central star. It closes its white eyes, and for a split instant you can feel its concentration.

Mirth

Explorer
Despite himself, Chjargal becomes entranced by the three-pointed star while watching Thought Taker. His misgivings about the lack of life inside the asteroid become secondary to the bugbear's fascination with the complexity of the model in front of him. Slowly, he begins floating towards the center of the chamber, momentarily forgetting his guard duties.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
The helm? Marcus thought, what in the realm is that? He glanced around the room again as Thought Taker reached for the star.

"Is that something you're familiar with, Taker?" Marcus asked.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Light! Light, blossoming all around you. The rock walls glow with a cold, harsh light. The Outpost surges around you with a sudden jolt.

Amanu is thrown off balance and bounces into the wall of the chamber (2 damage). A blast of air from one of the tunnels knocks Chjargal into the star-shaped object (3 damage). The other four members of Delta Squad hold their ground. Thought Taker doesn't seem to be bothered by the quake.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"What the *$!#$ just happened?" Marcus called out as he braced himself. The room shook and he looked to his teammates and their safety.

Mirth

Explorer
GruTheWanderer said:
Light! Light, blossoming all around you. The rock walls glow with a cold, harsh light. The Outpost surges around you with a sudden jolt.

A blast of air from one of the tunnels knocks Chjargal into the star-shaped object. Thought Taker doesn't seem to be bothered by the quake.

Disentangling himself from the star, Chjargal looks at the cuts and scrapes on his arms and chest and then up at the illithid next to him, "You said 'the helm.' Is this thing a ship? Where are you planning on taking it, Thought Taker? Are you taking us with you? I knew you couldn't be trusted." Very calmly, the bugbear raises his hand...

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Akodo flinches at the explosion of light. Blinking, he sees the bugbear's raised hand. "Chjargal, er, what are you doing? I'm right next to him and I don't think that that was intentional."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads