• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elven Navy Delta Squad: Thought Taker

Mirth

Explorer
Kajamba Lion said:
Akodo flinches at the explosion of light. Blinking, he sees the bugbear's raised hand. "Chjargal, er, what are you doing? I'm right next to him and I don't think that that was intentional."

Without looking at him, the bugbear replies to Akodo, "What did he mean, by 'The Helm' then? It had to mean something... Why don't you wake up and tell us, eh flayer?" Chjargal touches the illithid's skull with his thumb, holding it there for a second ... pressing ... before releasing.

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
"No, I think he tried to do something; I just don't think that was what he meant to do. I don't think. I mean, if he wanted to hurt us, he's had plenty of opportunities." Akodo blinks as he slowly backs away from the mindflayer.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"Stand down now, Chjargal! You might be making things worse rather than better. Give Taker a chance to explain things," Marcus ordered. "I'm not going to have made it here finally to have something go wrong from my own team."

GruTheWanderer

First Post
The jolting stops, but the light continues. With a hissing squeal, Though Taker snatches its hand away from the star and covers its eyes. The illumination comes from no distinct source - the entire wall surface of the chamber glows - and the light is equal to full daylight.

Sound! A sharp roaring, and a sudden increase in air pressure. Something hurtles out of one of the tunnels and lunges toward Though Taker. It looks like a very long wingless dragon.

Actions, please.

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Akodo groans. Damn it. The hengeyokai tumbles away from the center of the room (back towards the entryway) and casts a cat's grace spell on himself.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus moves to a location to take advantage of as many attacks of opportunity as possible against this thing as it moves to Taker.

If he has the opportunity and Taker looks unable to get out of the way (or if no one else does it first), Marcus will bowl over Taker knocking him out of the way of the attack of the creature. Marcus remembered that the squad was charged with protecting Taker on this mission and he's looking to carry it out.

Mirth

Explorer
From his position next to Thought Taker, Chjargal moves to put himself between the "dragon" and the illithid, striking out with his scimitar as he does so. My job is to protect you, flayer. I hope you're worth it.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
The creature moves too fast for Marcus or Chjargal to intervene as it dives towards the mind flayer. The illithid gives a whistling scream of terror. Almost too fast for the eye to follow, the mind flayer reaches out and snatches one of the hand-sized stars...and vanishes. Instantly, the light from the walls is gone, leaving only the sunrod.

Akodo pushes off the star, tumbling awkwardly towards the exit. Reaching the far wall, the hengeyokai casts his spell (+4 Dex).

Chjargal, left floating alone beside the beast, swings his scimitar and connects with the monster's snout (10 damage). The creature looks like an huge moral eel, although it has a dorsal fin which extends from its head along its neck.

Marcus is well-placed to swing at the creature, as he is standing near the tunnel through which it entered. Unfortunately, the lack of gravity causes his first strike to miss.

Last edited:

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Hopefully I figured out how to attach the map.

Attachments

• Delta8.GIF
    Delta8.GIF
    8.9 KB · Views: 88

Mirth

Explorer
GruTheWanderer said:
Chjargal, left floating alone beside the beast, swings his scimitar and connects with the monster's snout. The creature looks like an huge moray eel, although it has a dorsal fin which extends from its head along its neck.

Chjargal's darkvision keeps everything quite clear. Seeing blood spurting from the creature's snout, the bugbear yanks his sickle free and attacks the snake's injured head with both of his blades.

OOC: Using Ambidexterity and Two-Weapon Fighting Feats per Ranger rules.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads