WotBS Emeraldbeacon's Burning Sky (live game)

Tolamaker

Adventurer
It's interesting to me that your online game has steadily kept an adventure behind ours, while your live game is already about to pass us.

emeraldbeacon

Adventurer
It's interesting to me that your online game has steadily kept an adventure behind ours, while your live game is already about to pass us.
I've found that games just move slower online than in person. There's no subtlety of non-verbal communication, and no easy give-and-take at the table, so conversations just take a bit longer. Sometimes, connection issues stall the game a bit, as well, with people needing to reload their character sheet to make a roll, while in-person play often has everyone ready to go right then.

For me, our online game is a bit more time-restricted as well; we stick to only about 3 hours per week, while the live game can stretch to 4 or 5 depending on how we're feeling.

emeraldbeacon

Adventurer
Made a little toy for the live group, for when they decide to start climbing the lift... made of cardboard and fomecore, a bit of glue and a brad fastener, the lever swings pretty freely back and forth, with enough resistance to stay put, as long as nobody goes messing with it.

I also worked out that "clue rhyme" for ascending the lift, that the group might find in someone's quarters, as an alternative to getting the full & accurate code from Gorquith. I find myself really hoping they only get the clue, and have to discern what they're doing right or wrong on the way up the lift.

1692223252453.jpeg

Remove ads