Empyrean Investigations -- Detective Adventures for D&D 5E

rmalena

Explorer
Empyrean Investigations is a book dedicated to bringing mystery to life in your home game of 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons. Inside these pages, players will find ideas and mechanics for building their own detectives, and gamemasters will discover three investigative adventures as well as a guide to running mysteries in their campaigns.

Tales of detectives and investigations hold a hallowed place in our imaginations. Reading through Agatha Christie's "Murder on the Orient Express" or Robert Louis Stevenson's "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" lets us match our wits with those of detectives like Hercule Poirot and Gabriel John Utterson as they explore legendary cases both foul and mysterious. Whether the stories are about petty foibles or supernatural terror, we can't help but turn every page searching for the next clue.

The three stories included in this campaign are an opportunity to bring the feel of a true investigation to your gaming table. Each case hides cryptic clues and devious plots brought to life by a villainous mastermind. Can your players use their powers of deduction to solve each case and bring these dreadful foes to justice?
Then it's time to join Empyrean Investigations!

investigation.jpg

Hey folks, my name is Richard Malena-Webber. I'm a game and puzzle designer who loves uncovering secrets and wishes the movie National Treasure was autobiographical. There's a real joy in a creating a mystery that makes someone gasp in wonder, and I hope I can bring that excitement to your game! You can find most of my puzzle projects on my website, Atomic Game Theory, and many of my adventures and supplements on the Dungeon Masters Guild.

Remove ads