• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[EN Publishing Open Call] Playtesting Art of Magic

jeffers

First Post
Extensive Experience...

I've been playing D&D in its various incarnations for 22 years. I've written 2 d20 books that I have yet to submit for publication. I've also played GURPS, HERO, BRP (Chaosium), CODA and have written a complete ruleset of my own.

One of my lines to my players during a playtest is always: "Break this!" then I set loose the slavering power-hungry dogs upon it until it has been well and truly abused, some of these guys could break an anvil. What are ya afraid of? Give the Control Freak World Tour a try. We promise not to bite the Authors.

Mailto: jephkay@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Wombat

First Post
I am potentially interested in this, as it sounds like a set of rules rather than a campaign setting.

I have been playing rpgs since 1975/6, have written two articles for Different Worlds back in the day, and have done extensive playtesting for Atlas Games with their Ars Magica line, as well as contributing to the Hermes Portal magazine. I am always interested in new takes on magic :)

rkr1970

First Post
I have a group who is ready and willing

My regular group is always willing to test new products. The "newbee" of our group has only been playing for 10 years, but most of us are 20+ year vets of RPGs. We live near Lake Geneva, WI and have helped test several games. Not all of them survived those tests, but we always offer advice on balance and improvement. Just be warned, there are 4 seasoned DMs (2 of them rules lawyers) among the 7 of us. :cool:

nopantsyet

First Post
I am interested. I've played D&D for 22 years. While I've GMed other systems for many years, my D&D DMing began in 2000, when 3e came out. I have been running a game steadily since then. My group has transitioned to the 3.5 rules.

I frequently use alternate magic rules in my campaigns. One element of my current campaign is the presence of distinctive spellcasting groups. I have begun to define some of these, using supplemental spellcasting rules to help shape the flavor.

I have purchased numerous magical supplements, all of which I read and digest; but only the best make it into my game. I still always keep my eyes open for something new and interesting.

I've been reading the design diary for "Art of Magic," and this sounds like something I would be very interested in trying at my table.

Andy Martin
akmartin@boomba.org

Added: By the way, I have no prior playtesting experience; thought you should know.

Last edited:

Rusty_One

First Post
I would be interested. As for credentials, I started playing with the red and blue box D&D set... twice. (I had to save up my allowance to buy a new set after I left my originals over at a friends house and his born-again mother literally burned them.)

I've gamed tons of different systems, including almost all of the D&D variants as well as systems ranging from White-Wolf's Storyteller lines to Amber Diceless.

But that isn't my main selling point to be a playtester.

No, my main selling point is that I am currently running a game with four absolute newbies. Our old group rather spectaculary melted down; I sided with the newcomers and haven't had a single moment of regret since. DM'ing for beginners is absolutely refreshing, and if you can make a product that my group will come to love then you will know you have a real winner on your hands.

'Nuff said. Take care,
Rusty
ryan-knapp@ouhsc.edu

Last edited:

two

First Post
I'm a published writer, both fiction and with non-fiction gaming articles.

Lots of experience playing and designing games.

Let me know how to contact you, as I don't post my email on public boards.

--Thanks

Last edited:

Wraith101

First Post
I have playtested several unpublished as yet D20 systems.
RPG experience, 6 years of roleplyin in 2e,3e,3.5, D6, D10 etc.

Sounds like an interesting project. I am in.

Post contact details

Last edited:

Isgrimnur

First Post
I am intersted in playtesting

Hello, I am very interested in playtesting, I have not playtested anything so far. However, I run a group of experienced gamers, and we are eager to try out new material having just returned home from Iraq. I have been roleplaying since 1983, and Gm'ing since 1986.

Thanks

My e-mail is brian.welker@us.army.mil

Last edited:

Moonsword

First Post
BrooklynKnight said:
If you're intrested in playtesting Michael Morris' Art of Magic then leave a post here. Please post and subcribe to this thread, as well as leave your contact info.
Consider posting your playtesting credentials as well.

I'm more than willing to playtest and quite interested. I can be contacted at moonsword22@hotmail.com pretty easily. I don't have any real playtest experience but I've been playing for a few years.

Remove ads