EN World GameStore Closing

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Dear ENGS Publishers,

You may have heard rumours of some major impending changes in the PDF Retail market.

EN World GameStore is closing, effective immediately. In its place will be an affiliate store owned an operated by RPGNow and DTRPG under their new merged company, OneBookShelf.

If you are an RPGNow or DTRPG publisher, you will hear about this separately from those respective retail sites.

We realise that this will raise a number of questions and concerns, and I will be answering those questions over the next few days.

This arrangement, in the opinion of myself and the owners of RPGNow and DTRPG, will generate you considerably more sales - while at the same time require far less work from you. You will need to upload your product once, to one site, instead of three.

All three retail sites have negotiated an arrangement which we hope you feel will be attractive to you:

- If you are an ENGS publisher, the new company (OneBookShelf) will waive the signup fee and provide you with a publisher account.
- In addition, each publisher will be given 100,000 banner ad impressions here at EN World. Please note that, since the current ad system is integrated into ENGS, there will be a short delay while we make code changes in order to accomodate this.
- Your owed monies will be paid out over the next week. If you are using PayPal immediate withdrawal, it would help if you could facilitate this my withdrawing your balance as soon as possible.

EN World GameStore and EN World appreciates your past support, and we sincerely hope that this arrangement will reflect positively in extra sales, better customer service, increased marketing and a much simpler, easier process for releasing products for you.

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them. I will also be putting together a FAQ for common questions.

Please click here to be taken to the new store!​

Yours,
Russell Morrissey (Morrus)

Last edited:

Roudi

First Post
First question on the docket would be, how long to customers have to finish purchases and download products?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Roudi said:
First question on the docket would be, how long to customers have to finish purchases and download products?

The customer bookshelves will be left in place for the foreseeable future (although the store "around" the bookshelf will no longer be there). So you will stilll have access to your previous purchases.

OneBookShelf will be operating a bookshelf feature of its own. We've discussed the possibility of merging the two bookshelves, but it is only a possibility at present. The OBS bookshelf will be integrated into EN World. Because we can't give OBS your personal details, we are working on a system whereby you can indivudually opt to associate your RPGNow account with your EN World ID.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Wow, that's an interesting development.

I'd really like to thank the Twin Rose folk for their excellent customer support over the last year or so. Thanks guys! :)

Sledge

First Post
jaerdaph said:
Wow, that's an interesting development.

I'd really like to thank the Twin Rose folk for their excellent customer support over the last year or so. Thanks guys! :)

Ditto.
I must admit to a little concern here. ENGS was previously practically tailored to me. I'm not sure this new setup will actually get me following through with purchases.

TheLe

First Post
[imager]http://www.thele.com/thelegames/images/tn/UnorthodoxPirates_tn200w.jpg[/imager]The new One Book Shelf company is intriguing, exciting, and can be a bit concerning. However, we at The Le Games fully supports the decisions that Enworld, Dtrpg, and Rpgnow has made.

We fully intend on supporting the new store, and will continue to support the Enworld gaming community. So expect to see more give-aways, press releases, and other supporting services from us right here on these forums.

Enworld will always be a place for the gaming community, and I am certain that it will only get better!

`The Le Games (pronounced Tay Lee Games)
on the web at www.TheLeGames.com

Treebore

First Post
Yeah, ENWorld got me to buy many of my PDF's because of ENWorld only sales and discounts. I would probably own a 1/5th of what I own now if it wasn't for ENWorld.

Does this also mean my purchases will no longer help support ENWorld? How about my community supporter discount?

I have a feeling I am not going to be happy about this.

Urizen

First Post
As I understand it, Enworld will be an affiliate of DTRPG and RPGNOW, which means you can buy all the products you like from Enworld by clicking on affiliate links and they will get a % pf those purchases.

This will allow you to support the Enworld site just as you always have.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Treebore said:
Yeah, ENWorld got me to buy many of my PDF's because of ENWorld only sales and discounts. I would probably own a 1/5th of what I own now if it wasn't for ENWorld.

Does this also mean my purchases will no longer help support ENWorld? How about my community supporter discount?

I have a feeling I am not going to be happy about this.

Well, I'm going to wait until the FAQ comes out before I decide that, but I will say that I recently began purchasing most of my PDFs from EN World when RPGNow (and DriveThru) dropped the cash back program, using RPGNow and Drivethru only when the product wasn't available here. I'm hoping there is will still be some kind of discount or incentives for EN World community supporters though.

But be that as it may, I will say that RPGNow and Drivethru both offer *excellent* customer support and service, which is very important.

Remove ads