• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World GameStore Closing

Roudi

First Post
According to my understanding, individual vendors can still choose to release watermarked or non-watermarked PDFs. If a PDF on RPGNow wasn't watermarked before the merger, it won't be watermarked after the merger unless that publisher chooses to have it so.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
mhensley said:
What rumours would these be?

That RPGNow and DTRPG were merging. I've no idea who knew about it and who didn't (I did, obviously). I'm assuming there are others who were aware.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
rpghost said:
Yes ENWorld will be getting supported if you buy from the ENWorld branded store front.

James

This is an important point, guys.

If you buy from the ENW affiliate sotre front (linked above) you are purchasing from the same shop, but EN World gets supported. So yuo could think of it like this - EN World still has a download store, only now it happens to contain everyone's PDFs - everything that was available at ENGS, RPGNow and DTRPG.

All the links here at EN World will change to point to the new affiliate storefront.

Dark Psion

First Post
I have accounts at all three stores (EnWorld, RPGNow and DTRPG), will my account be merged into one listing and one bookshelf.

:uhoh:

Not that I ever ordered the same book twice, of course.

:eek:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Dark Psion said:
I have accounts at all three stores (EnWorld, RPGNow and DTRPG), will my account be merged into one listing and one bookshelf.

:uhoh:

Not that I ever ordered the same book twice, of course.

:eek:

No - we can't share your personal data with anyone else. You'll just use your RPGnow account for all three.

As mentioned above, your bookshelf here will stay in place.

GMSkarka said:
Just FYI -- we publishers set our prices, not the store.

Gareth, please don't say we publishers set our prices as if that's somehow independant of the vendor's decisions to increase their profits at my expense, and finally, at the expense of the consumer. It's not. I've also noticed that Mike has said the same thing at rpgnet.

To me, that's disinformation and glossing over the fact that, more than likely, the top 15 publishers at rpgnow.com (who were also on DTRPG) will be making less money after this merger because of reduced royalties. They have decided to decrease my royalties by roughly 9% when the whole picture is looked at. This means my prices have to go up roughly 15% to just maintain what I was making before the "good" news. :(

And of course, when I charge 15% more on those raised priced PDFs, they're going to get a 60% increase in their take (compared to old royalty rate and old price PDF). For example: a $10 PDF raised to $11.50 and sold at new royaly rate means I'm making the same money but they're making 60% more.

Nice huh? But we publishers choose our prices. It may look a rose, but it sure don't smell like it.

joe b.

HinterWelt

First Post
jgbrowning said:
Gareth, please don't say we publishers set our prices as if that's somehow independant of the vendor's decisions to increase their profits at my expense, and finally, at the expense of the consumer. It's not. I've also noticed that Mike has said the same thing at rpgnet.

To me, that's disinformation and glossing over the fact that, more than likely, the top 15 publishers at rpgnow.com (who were also on DTRPG) will be making less money after this merger because of reduced royalties. They have decided to decrease my royalties by roughly 9% when the whole picture is looked at. This means my prices have to go up roughly 15% to just maintain what I was making before the "good" news. :(

And of course, when I charge 15% more on those raised priced PDFs, they're going to get a 60% increase in their take (compared to old royalty rate and old price PDF). For example: a $10 PDF raised to $11.50 and sold at new royaly rate means I'm making the same money but they're making 60% more.

Nice huh? But we publishers choose our prices. It may look a rose, but it sure don't smell like it.

joe b.
I must complement you on your analysis Joe, spot on. Here, Here!

Bill

Remove ads