• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World scientists...

diaglo

Adventurer
Lady of Pain said:
I lurk a lot but this topic interests me. I'm a scientist in the veterinary medicine field. I work mostly with hybridoma cells and cloning. Immunology is 70% of my work. The rest of the time I'm busy with the paratuberculosis study in domestic cattle.
i'm in a related field.

i work for the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services(DHHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC), Coordinating Center for Infectious Diseases (CCID), National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP), Division of Tuberculosis Elimination (DTBE), Mycobacteriology Laboratory Branch (MLB), Reference Laboratory Team (RLT)

i work as a gene jockey.

Khuxan

First Post
Umbran said:
I'm a physicist who figured out he could earn half again as much working for academia as working in academia.

Out of curiosity, what do you do for academia? (If you don't mind me asking).

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Umbran said:
I'm a physicist who figured out he could earn half again as much working for academia as working in academia.
Finding higher pay working outside academia is a familiar story. ;)

Galethorn

First Post
Geology undergrad, minors in Physics and Astronomy. I'm planning on going straight into grad school after I get my BS.

My goal is to work for the USGS Astrogeology lab in Flagstaff for a few years as a post-doc, and then find a university that'll give me a team of grad students to trudge around the wilderness with, and teach a class here and there when I'm not in the field.

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
Currently I have a BA and MS in Physics where I did research in astronomy. I also have an MA in Biology and did work on astro/microbiology. But currently I am working as an adjunct professor of mathematics/physics/biology and my next job will be a circulation supervisor in a Law Library. I've just had problems finding science jobs since I don't have much programming or instrumentation experience (I can program in BASIC and Pascal, and the only instruments I've used have been a Gas Chromatograph and a Telescope with a CCD camera).

Last edited:

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Physicist who is trying to do his PhD in the field of Computational Materials Science.

Right now I'm on a research project in Columbus, Ohio instead of my usual haunts in Aachen, Germany...

Remove ads