• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World Women's Forum?

I've seen women's forums be very popular at other message boards and, with EN World's population of women, I think that it would be a fun way for the ladies that hang out around these parts to get to know one another.

What would we have to do to put something like this together? Is it even possible? Am I the only person that would be interested? :)

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Ooh, yes, then all the boys can try and sneak into it!

I would then ask for a reciprocating "Men's only" forum, but I know it would take up too much of the Moderators' time. Wait, the rules could be different there since Eric's Grandma shouldn't be in that forum anyway, right?

:lol:

Ambrus

Explorer
I'd be curious just to see who'd post in it. There are some ENworlders who seem to like keeping their gender ambiguous or secret. Hmm... Would we then have to set up the Ambiguously gendered forum to make them happy? :\

Ambrus said:
I'd be curious just to see who'd post in it. There are some ENworlders who seem to like keeping their gender ambiguous or secret. Hmm... Would we then have to set up the Ambiguously gendered forum to make them happy? :\
I'm not advocating any sort of obligation to set up any sort of forum, not attempting to discriminate against anyone. Just thought it would be nice for the ladies of EN World to have a place where we could chat, that's all. :)

JimAde

First Post
Ambrus said:

We could call it the Vaarsuvius forum. :)

Queen D, I think this is a fine idea. Not that my opinion means anything, but I thought I'd offer it anyway. If you can't get an actual forum created, you could always just start a hivemind-like thread in the off-topic forum.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Typically, any time you split a forum off of General, the traffic through it decreases dramatically. So, if you want the thing to survive, you have to have enough traffic on the sub-topic to start with.

Perhaps you might want to start with a variant of the Hivemind - go with a few ladies-only threads in Off-Topic, and see if there's enough activity and support for them to merit a whole new forum?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads