Is the thought of conjuring yet another mephit exhausting to you? Then today's EN5ider is right up your alley! Check it out to see five brand spanking new low CR elementals ideal for summoning, including in a fight to spice things up for the party, or even as familiars!
Lately on EN5ider:
Lately on EN5ider:
- #283. Monstrous Menagerie: Elemental Pets. While elementals are fun creatures to include in a combat due to their primal powers, 5th Edition is sorely lacking in variety for them among the lower challenge ratings. This article introduces some new monsters to fill that gap: lightning sparrows, dust bunnies, bubble puppies, mud cats, and roots! These are somewhat whimsically-named creatures with cantrip level attacks, glass jaws, and unique death effects similar to mephits, allowing for them all to more flexibly fit into multi-creature encounters at even the lowest of levels. This supplement includes statistics for all 5 creatures, as well as a brief description of their habitats and behaviors. Written by Jacob Gobhar; illustrated by Herman Lau.
- #282. Villain's Spotlight: Skrivena Moc. Usually found deep within a dungeon near the site of a bloody battle, the blade Skrivena Moc seems at first to be a powerful weapon able to sear foes with fire and strike through even the toughest armor. What more it speaks to its wielders, offering advice and admiration in equal parts—but only to gain their trust, convincing them that their unnatural attachment to it is nothing to fear all the while it slowly consumes their very soul! This devious intelligent magic item and creature was written by Andrew Engelbrite and illustrated by Rachel Maduro.
- #281. ZEITGEIST #7 - Schism: Part 2. In this 37-page entry in the ZEITGEIST Adventure Path the party heads north to a glacial rift controlled by frost giants loyal to the Obscurati, and once there they must reach a frozen lich and trade Leone’s soul for Grappa’s aid.
- #280. Mini-Adventure: The Shuggin's Heist. This mini-adventure can be easily included into any city where there are thieves—in particular the trio of Gribbles, Big Sam, and Escraz. These burglars have trespassed onto the manor of a powerful mage and stolen a potent artifact, a deck of enchanted cards that have quickly turned the entire heist into a debacle that's garnered the entire settlement's attention. Several of the watch have already been injured trying to bring these brigands to justice and the PCs are called in to handle the situation, but can they? This mini-adventure for 4-5 PCs of 6th level (and its randomized elements) was written by Tyler Omichinski, with illustration by Claudio Pozas and using a map by Dyson Logos.
- #279. Hazards of the High Seas. With the Ghosts of Saltmarsh out there in the world it would be remiss of EN5ider not to release some content to help get your seafaring adventures out onto the water! Jeff Gomez has penned an excellent article in Hazards of the High Seas that details a 20 entry hyperlinked table of plot hooks, chance aquatic encounters, and maritime intrigue ideal to roll on whenever the question arises: what's that over the bow!?