Today EN5ider delves deep into the woods to crash an epic party in another fantastic mini-adventure penned by Andrew Engelbrite!
Lately on EN5ider:
Lately on EN5ider:
- #287. Mini-Adventure: Angel's Bacchanalia. Legends speak of a solstice festival arranged by a mysterious angelic patron deep in the woods, an event where the angel forgives all sins and no depravity goes unindulged. The adventurers are approached by a grieving mother claiming that her daughter attended last year’s bacchanalia but never returned, and she offers a substantial reward if the missing girl's fate can be found. The PCs must attend the wild celebration, infiltrate the deranged patrons, and eventually confront the fiendish erinyes that lord over this revel and the degenerate cultists that attend it. Written by Andrew Engelbrite; illustrated by Savage Mojo and using cartography by Dyson Logos.
- #286. Enchanted Trinkets: Gifts of Nature. The Enchanted Trinkets series is back again with 10 minor enchanted items from nature ideal to be in the possession of—or given as gifts from—fey folk! Eat some sourberries then throw up on your foes, plant a root club when you need to slow down your enemies, ask a bark dog to go home and briefly visit its charming extradimensional abode, or unleash the bubble wand to either play at lights or break it to escape from imminent danger in the safety of its floating embrace. Written by Will Gawned; illustrated by Rachel Maduro.
- #285. Intriguing Organizations: MacGruddin's Engineers. MacGruddin’s Engineers are hard-drinking sappers, machinists, cart-drivers, and cooks. Though the group is mostly dwarves (including Captain MacGruddin) all that is required to earn a place in the company are equal parts of loyalty and sweat equity. Specialized work includes construction of siege equipment (catapults, ballistae, towers, and the like), undermining castle walls, and the manufacture of specialized ammunition for siege weapons. Additional services offered include bridge building, laying down roads, and general construction—but most of the crew would much rather break things than build 'the boring stuff'. Written by Bill Beers, illustrated by Indi Martin.
- #284. ZEITGEIST #7 - Schism: Appendix. This issue for ZEITGEIST is one that every member of EN5ider should definitely download. Within Schism's Appendix are several handouts for the campaign (including some cards), but more importantly it contains a whopping 16 monsters and NPCs (ranging from the Steelshaper Leone Quital to witches to ghost councils and even a ghost witch) as well as 10 magic items!
- #283. Monstrous Menagerie: Elemental Pets. While elementals are fun creatures to include in a combat due to their primal powers, 5th Edition is sorely lacking in variety for them among the lower challenge ratings. This article introduces some new monsters to fill that gap: lightning sparrows, dust bunnies, bubble puppies, mud cats, and roots! These are somewhat whimsically-named creatures with cantrip level attacks, glass jaws, and unique death effects similar to mephits, allowing for them all to more flexibly fit into multi-creature encounters at even the lowest of levels. This supplement includes statistics for all 5 creatures, as well as a brief description of their habitats and behaviors. Written by Jacob Gobhar; illustrated by Herman Lau.