Today's EN5ider article is perfect for groups in the midst of a nautical campaign (a hobgoblin commander and his seafaring goblin crew are ready to spread terror on the open waves!) and is hot on the heels of the eighth installment of the ZEITGEIST Adventure Path, wherein the adventurers get their first clear shot at taking the offensive and going after the leaders of the Obscurati!
Lately on EN5ider:
Lately on EN5ider:
- #290. Villain Spotlight: Dras'a Wolf. This entry into the Villain Spotlight series is all about the scourge of the seas men know as Dras'A the Wolf, a hobgoblin pirate with incredible ambitions and the cunning to see them through. Originally master of the Drelway Chain of islands, after capturing a learned shipmaker from afar the monstrous buccaneer has been preparing for when his abductee's drafts and designs lead to ocean-worthy vessels, boats that will unleash him and his underlings to become a scourge upon the open waves.
- #289. ZEITGEIST #8 - Diaspora: Part 1. The Great Malice. Five centuries ago the death of a goddess triggered widespread upheaval, setting the stage for the modern industrial revolution. But for the eladrin of Elfaivar, the tragedy left behind a crippled people who scattered across the world with little sense of common identity. In the ruins of Elfaivar the party must locate Kasvarina Varal, a founder of the Obscurati who has lost her memories. With the aid of an artifact that can manifest the past in physical form, they can retrace her steps across 500 years, restore her identity while gaining her trust, and recover secrets that will reveal how to thwart the conspiracy's grand design! This PDF includes Act 1 of the eighth ZEITGEIST adventure and is best suited for perdurable heroes of 13th-14th level. Includes three statblocks: Obscurati Researcher (CR 11), Ten-Headed Lion (CR 14), Elite Dreadnought (CR 13).
- #288. Wear & Tear. Material components, backup buckles, oils and whetstones, extra munitions, replacement straps—there's a lot of maintenance to do when adventuring. Most Gamemasters gloss over these things but for campaigns that have a more old school or gritty feel that's part of the fun! With that in mind this issue of EN5ider approaches adventuring gear the same way that Fifth Edition does exhaustion: there are several levels of maintenance and equipment naturally deteriorates over time. PCs can use their downtime or their coin to keep their blades, backpacks, tomes, and bedrolls in proper shape, and anyone that really invests their time or money to do so takes with them the best-crafted items (most able to take a beating). This handy subsystem is the design of Eran Aviram, illustrated by Renan Costa Morales!
- #287. Mini-Adventure: Angel's Bacchanalia. Legends speak of a solstice festival arranged by a mysterious angelic patron deep in the woods, an event where the angel forgives all sins and no depravity goes unindulged. The adventurers are approached by a grieving mother claiming that her daughter attended last year’s bacchanalia but never returned, and she offers a substantial reward if the missing girl's fate can be found. The PCs must attend the wild celebration, infiltrate the deranged patrons, and eventually confront the fiendish erinyes that lord over this revel and the degenerate cultists that attend it. Written by Andrew Engelbrite; illustrated by Savage Mojo and using cartography by Dyson Logos.
- #286. Enchanted Trinkets: Gifts of Nature. The Enchanted Trinkets series is back again with 10 minor enchanted items from nature ideal to be in the possession of—or given as gifts from—fey folk! Eat some sourberries then throw up on your foes, plant a root club when you need to slow down your enemies, ask a bark dog to go home and briefly visit its charming extradimensional abode, or unleash the bubble wand to either play at lights or break it to escape from imminent danger in the safety of its floating embrace. Written by Will Gawned; illustrated by Rachel Maduro.