[EN5ider #42] Heroes of the Night

New for EN5ider patrons! We continue our Halloween-inspired month with a selection of horrific new archetypes for barbarians, fighters, and warlocks! Barbarian lycanthropes can master the Wolfsblood path; The Haunted are fighters with spectral companions; and The Evil Eye is a pact for warlocks. By Brandes Stoddard; illustrated by Dan Nokes.

night.jpg

Valador

First Post
First off, I love these and think you guys are doing great work.

Quick question. Did you guys do something to change your file hosting some time after issue #39? Reason I'm asking is that starting with #40 every time I download an issue it always defaults to the file name of "file.pdf". This is the only place I'm having this issue and just thought maybe your files are being hosted differently now.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Was that you who just asked that on the Patreon page, or someone else? I've answered there. But here's what I said:

I have no idea - it happens for me, too. I guess it's a change Patreon made for whatever reason. The file's still downloading fine, though?

Valador

First Post
Was that you who just asked that on the Patreon page, or someone else? I've answered there. But here's what I said:

Yep, that was me.

Steven Welsha few seconds ago
Yes, the files still download correctly and is the correct issue for the link provided. I only bring this up as it could possibly be confusing and cause issues if you're downloading a few of these at once without renaming each file before downloading the next. Thanks for the great work by the way!

RSIxidor

Adventurer
The Wolfsblood level 6 feature does nothing. You already have resistance to those damage types from the Rage feature while raging.

Everything here looks really fun, though.

jamesjhaeck

Explorer
The Wolfsblood level 6 feature does nothing. You already have resistance to those damage types from the Rage feature while raging.

Everything here looks really fun, though.

I posted errata for this over on Patreon, but I'll post it here for convenience, as well:

No Fear Save Silver
Starting at 6th level, when you take bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage from a non-silvered weapon, you may spend your reaction to heal hit points equal to your level, though you may not heal more damage than the attack that triggered this ability dealt. Once you use this ability, you may not do so again until you complete a short rest.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Hmm, obviously subclasses are a very popular article idea, but I was really hoping for some bad guys for my game during October.

I find some of these features confusing. Rage and resistance has been dealt with/given errata. (Though it is effectively just reducing damage further). The wolfsblood - do we need a separate mechanic for lycanthropy? You have it but you don't. Immediately turning others into werewolves just does not sit well with me. I like the overall idea though.

A fighter having a spirit companion. I am not really a fan of spectral companions, but I like the flavour of this, strangely. Though again, the 'companion' can manifest as a 'ghost' but it is not the companion, or at least it doesn't take damage? I was a little lost. I can see players liking this in specific settings, though it seems a bit to track. I like the easing of an action to initiate and the spirit continues the action. Though I always wondered what would happen if the fighter couldn't take an action and the spirit is right there 'watching' the fighter get mauled. (Another prob with the ranger too of course).

Evil Eye pact - a cool idea. Though you can impose disadvantage on one save with hex, but those that have protective wards get advantage. So they just cancel your disadvantage?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases