[EN5ider #69] The Holdenshire Chronicles (Act 2): Journey to Skull Mountain

New for EN5ider patrons! Act 2 of The Holdenshire Chronicles is here, with Journey to Skull Mountain! In Act 1, the PCs death with a variety of events in their home county of Holdenshire. But now it's time to begin the long wilderness trek to Skull Mountain and the dragon known as Cirothe. Can they slay devils and demons, overcome giants and bandits, deal with plants and trolls, and assemble all that they need to overcome the beast? 5th Edition adaption of the classic adventure To Slay A Dragon. Become a patron now and get this 57-page adventure, plus the Holdenshire Primer, and Act 1: The Ills of Hengistbury, along with nearly 70 other 5E articles and adventures for as little as a dollar.

New for EN5ider patrons! Act 2 of The Holdenshire Chronicles is here, with Journey to Skull Mountain! In Act 1, the PCs death with a variety of events in their home county of Holdenshire. But now it's time to begin the long wilderness trek to Skull Mountain and the dragon known as Cirothe. Can they slay devils and demons, overcome giants and bandits, deal with plants and trolls, and assemble all that they need to overcome the beast? 5th Edition adaption of the classic adventure To Slay A Dragon. Become a patron now and get this 57-page adventure, plus the Holdenshire Primer, and Act 1: The Ills of Hengistbury, along with nearly 70 other 5E articles and adventures for as little as a dollar.

skull.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 18.41.46.png

tsad_map.png

jamesjhaeck

Explorer
I am really liking these, please do more long adventures for En5ider.
Right now, 7,000 word adventures is all we're able to pay for in good conscience. We're able to do Holdenshire because we're adapting it from a work we already own, which keeps costs down. As our patron count goes up, though, bigger adventures could be a very real possibility!

Sadras

Legend
Well thought I'd mention, I'm a recent subscriber, and our group is currently playing Horde of the Dragon Queen and I managed through adaptation to throw in through a story hook the Haunting of Calrow Ruins. It was met with huge success at the table. So as you can imagine I'm a pretty satisfied customer :)

Zardnaar

Legend
My next game is coming down to this or Princes of the Apocalypse. I prefer the shorter adventures but do not mind a long one as long as its not at the expense of the shorter ones. There are plenty of AP types now.

allenw

Explorer
Both this version, and the Pathfinder original, make reference to "Orc Band", "Goblin Band", and "Demon Band" random encounters (e.g., "Help the town guard root some goblins from the sewers (use the Goblin Band random encounter)". Unfortunately, no such encounters are listed.
A bigger problem, which also came up with the original, is that it doesn't seem plausible that the heroes could complete even a majority of the Part II quests (which include an awful lot of travel time) in less than a month or two, by which point most of the towns will have been destroyed, and Ariadne shouldn't even be an aftertaste.
I'd be interested if anyone is willing to share any maps they've used for the Part II quests and encounters.

halberd10

First Post
Have you considered allowing these to be converted into fantasy grounds format? It might increase the exposure of the adventures, and bring in some more cash.

Remove ads

Remove ads