Ends Meat (Boddynock Judging)

Halford

First Post
Sal chuckles,

"Ah, the direct approach, lets see if I can recall how. You have two possible choices, you tell me what you have discovered and I can give you a nice reward and a pat on the back - I might even have further work for your little band. Or refuse, and I will be forced to wait to hear the results of you findings from the merchants. Take the first option and we all win, take the second and we both loose out."

He smiles,

"I suppose an offer of violence might be in order, but I have learned that those who tend to act carelessly eventually meet their match. I brought along my friends here for the warm glow of their company, and for protection, a wise man takes precautions afterall."

Eyeing the platter hungrily, he continues.

"Of course you have done a number of things which cause me to ponder. A ruckus at the menagerie, keeping company with my friend Holden Perkiss, and the delectable Mrs. Honeylott - may Derrin rest in peace Leesha my dear. Your refusal might also provide some illumination. Is anyone going to eat that black pudding by the way, seems a shame to let good food go to waste..."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"If you want to be straight to the point, I think a meatball and a pair of apes are not as threatening as you may think" Ciprinus says, smiling. "And by all means, serve yourself, the pudding is yours"

Halford

First Post
Sal smiles and reaches forward presenting a dagger to the group before stabbing it into the blood sausage and pulling it to his maw. His beady eyes flicker over the group as he guzzles it enthusiastically down.

"I require a answer my friends, why don't I go and get a real breakfast while you discuss your options."

With that and a small bow Sal makes his way to the bar and places an order flanked by his entourage.

Errandir

First Post
Reis knits his brows, waiting until Sal and his bodyguards are well out of hearing distance to start talking.

"Well, we need a plan. I'm not much inclined to tell anyone what we've actually learned, but we'll eventually need to tell the halfling something, unless we're just going to claim not to have found anything..."

Walking Dad

First Post
"We agreed to inform good Sal at the same time or before the merchants. We haven't informed anyone so far, so we are not breaking any contract.

I will not lie to the halflig. I'm just not good at it.

We should shall just tell the truth:
Some in-human beast-creatures have attacked them, and we are not able to bring them to court.

Not that any court is interested to judge animals...
"
Midan says to the others.

[sblock=OOC]
AC 17 (T11, FF16), HP 10/10, F +4,R+1,W+4
0 Level: Detect Magic, Light, Resistance
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Command
[/sblock]

Errandir

First Post
Reis rolls his eyes. "Let's be clear. You agreed to inform Sal before the merchant's associasion.

"But be that as it may, you still don't have a plan there. We're not going to be able to pass it off by saying that little. They'll want to know how we found the culprit, what happened to the stolen goods, where the thieves are now, and any number of other things."

Reis sighs. "It's pretty obvious that we'll either have to tell the whole truth, or think up a pretty good lie. I'm not sure if we can pull off the second, but I'm not sure either if I would like the consequences of the first."

Walking Dad

First Post
"The truth is, we failed at the given task. We searched for monsters and only found victims. We thought we found honest work, but they are only self-interested merchants. I thought we could make a deal that would allowed us to avoid violence and we are threatened nonetheless. We should recline our mission and give the received money back. This seems to be the only honorable way. Other suggestions?" Midian asks the others.

[sblock=OOC]
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ciprinus meditates about the conversation "I think Midias has a point here. What he propose is the most honorable thing to do. Of course I'm not the kind of person who loves honor, or laws for what it matters. If I had the power to kill Fat Sal, I'll have done it in this precise moment. If we could take him apart from those gorillas we could make a fast work of him." Ciprinus looks at the others, searching their gaze to find approval "What? Don't say me you haven't think of that possibility, I mean, the guy is a spherical monument to corruption and evil, even you Midias, or you Reis, would want to see his corpse before you." he says defensively.

Walking Dad

First Post
Midias looks at Reis, waiting for his response before answering.

[sblock=OOC]
[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
"I would have no problem with slaying the fat man," Sarn offers, "but I'm guessing he employs fairly effective goons."

Remove ads