Ends Meat (Boddynock Judging)

garyh

First Post
"I think Reis makes a good point," Sarn said. "Let us speak with Yarman while his memory is fresh, and then we will go to the menagerie."

Halford

First Post
"Well not to put too fine a point on it but thats not really my problem is it? Some of us can't afford to be galavanting around "adventuring" and have to get back to our real jobs. Good luck, you'll find me in the store until sunset, perhaps after. If you need to reach me after that wait till morning."

With that the Halfling hops down from the carriage and makes his way into the spice shop.

"He's a little git, but he's good at what he does." Says the driver opening the door for the party. Dark hair spills untidily about a rosey cheeked face with deep brown eyes, her clothes are clearly those of someone who values substance over style - she's even wearing leather breeches - but Leesha Honeylott is still lovely by any measure.

"Anything you want to ask me? Not sure I can be much help, I've not been robbed thank Verdante and I sure haven't seen anything. My only advice is to speak with Fat Sal, he's hopping mad that we've stopped paying his protection and madder that he can't really argue."

[sblock=Sense Motive DC 15] Leesha seems to be interested in Ciprinus and has glanced at the Druid and his companion several times.[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
The group heads down between The Bard's Tail and the Menagerie, hearing the faded echoes of animalistic screeching and moaning faintly from one side and from the other the faint strains of a lyre.

Soon you can see Yarman's Butchery and Delicatessan; the storefront is painted in clean blue and white stripes, and there is a chalkboard cutout figure of a portly grinning half-orc holding a salami under each arm with the days specials written in chalk upon his belly. Apparently Yarman's famous Sock Sizzler Sausage is half price - for a limited time only!

As you enter the establishment you see a number of men sitting at a counter, most of them are grazing upon what appear to be shared platters containing various kinds of cold sliced meats various breads and sauces. Mugs of frothy ale are in evidence and you cannot help but notice a large jar of pickle spears bearing the name Sour Huffgoods sitting in pride of place upon the counter. The enticing smell of roasting meat fills the place as whole pigs and what appear to be deer revolve lazily upon spits over a series of fire pits.

Behind the counter a half-orc who can only be Yarman hums cheerily as he wields a cleaver with astonishing skill.

"What can I do for you Gentlemen? Sausage super sampler? Or are you here to purchase Orussus's finest meats and meat byproducts?" Yarman's broad grin and waggling eyebrows cannot mask the fact that he is not a person to cross lightly; even as a large gut jiggles with mirth massive shoulders muscles ripple as his cleaver cuts through ribs like butter.

Seeing Sarn walk in the butcher's smile broadens, and he nods warmly.

Errandir

First Post
Reis nods amiably to Yarman as the group walks in, but for the moment stays silent, scanning the room and waiting for Sarn to speak first.

garyh

First Post
Sarn approaches the counter and greets the butcher.

"Hello, Yarman. I'm pleased to see that your business is thriving," Sarn says with a nod to the patrons. "My associates and I are here to look into the recent burglaries in the district. Since your shop was hit most recently, we were hoping you could tell us about the theft here."

"Plus,"
Sarn adds in Orcish, "I figure we have to stick together in these parts."

Halford

First Post
"Ah, so you are the folks they hired. Nice to meet ya. Well lets see they broke in through the back, someone picked the lock I reckon. I think they tried for my strong box, but they couldn't get through that lock. They did take about four hundred pounds of my best meats and sausages though, basically everything that was smoked or cured, the stuff that was up here, they grabbed." Yarman replies in Orc genially.

garyh

First Post
"Did you or any of your employees see the thieves?" Sarn asks. "And did you notice anything left behind that might help us find the thieves?"

Halford

First Post
Yarman looks thoughtful,

"Not that I can think of, I only have young Anton and Brudd working for me and they don't sleep here. I stayed myself for a couple of nights after the first two robberies, but I can't let my life be dictated by thieves the wife was mad enough with just two nights. Feel free to head back and investigate, but steer clear of the basement if you would, they didn't get in down there."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Anything you want to ask me? Not sure I can be much help, I've not been robbed thank Verdante and I sure haven't seen anything. My only advice is to speak with Fat Sal, he's hopping mad that we've stopped paying his protection and madder that he can't really argue."

[sblock=Sense Motive DC 15] Leesha seems to be interested in Ciprinus and has glanced at the Druid and his companion several times.[/sblock]

Sense motive: 23

Sensing his charm was making effect, the druid glances Leesha with seducing smiles. "My dear flower, when the time comes we will get to your place to speak to you. You have done sufficient for us this day, for that I thank you. But now go to tend to your store. When the sun sets down, I'll personally guard the place, for your wealth's safety of course" the half elf blinks, before taking a long goodbye bow.

When the group walks in the butchery, Ciprinus waits Sarn to do the talking. "Very well gentleman, we may find some clues. We thank your help mister Yarman, but we have take much of your time, please return to your customers." the druid says politely.

Remove ads