Ends Meat (Boddynock Judging)

Halford

First Post
OOC: From Derrin's apparent age measured against Yarmans its clear he is not Leesha's father if the painting is accurate.

Ciprinius's examination of the feathers indicates that they are ordinary goose feathers which have been dyed, each has a tiny symbol carved into the tip. Clearly someone has lavished a great deal of attention on these feathers.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"May be I'm lucky and he is her dead husband." Ciprinus adds tweaking his underlip with his tooth. "This feathers are from a goose, and someone takes a great deal of work, carving this shapes in the point."

garyh

First Post
"Could the goose feathers have been used for some magical purpose?" Sarn asked. "I know little of such matters myself."

Halford

First Post
Two of the feather bear tiny bird symbols and one a fan.

OOC: You are reasonably certain that these symbols are not religious in nature.

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
"You boys all done?" Yarman shouts up. "Only there someone here to see ya."

When the party come down they can see a vast corpulent man sitting at the counter, he is tucking into a turkey leg like it is his last meal. Grease has dribbled down his face and his piggy eyes are locked upon his meal sprkling with lust. His clothing is rich ruffled silk with the exception of a large linen bib which is already stained with gobbits of turkey.

Looking up at the party the obese fellow reluctantly sets aside his food and lets out a contented belch.

"Gentlemen, I 'ave been looking forward to making your acquaintance."

The rotund fellow says in a deep melodious voice, his smile revealing gleaming false teeth which seem to be made of silver - or possibly even platinum.

"Perhaps you would care top join me for a little light repast? The food here is really quite exquisite. I was hopeing to discuss matters of mutual interest if you have no objections."

Halford

First Post
"Fat Sal please, Midias, Fat Sal. I understand you have been engaged by that odious little toadling Huffgood to track down the thieves who are causing the good merchants to loose so much sleep. I don't know who they are if I did they'd be dead, or at least squirming in agony wishing they were."

He pauses to take a mouthful of turkey and continues, spraying poultry as he speaks,

"I do know a few things though. Though I wouldn't trust the watch's assessment that nobody left the district during the nights of at least two of the robberies is correct I can confirm it, my boys are less likely to fall asleep on watch - they have more to, ah, motivate them to stay wary."

Another bite,

"Now you are probably saying to yourselves, but why has not Fat Sal dealt with these interlopers upon his rightful territory as the Fisher's representive in this area? And I shall answer your implied question. Politics gentlemen, I could send in my boys, but loyal thieves are rarer than Orc Bards; and I could call in reinforcements from the Fishers, but to do so would make me appear weak and when one is a shark letting ones blood touchthe water is never a wise move."

He belches loudly and winces placeing a stubby fingered hand upon the left side of his chest,

"Your Pardon. In anycase I can offer you information, I know more about most of these Merchants than their own mothers do. I can tell you that Huffgood sees whores, or that Perkiss is in debt up to his eye balls, that Mertoff likes to view reality from a distance. And if you are prepared to come to me before taking on the thieves should you discover them, or at least before you go to anyone else afterwards I will make it more than worth your while."

Sal reaches into a pocket and extracts a small silver box from which he takes a pill which he then swallows.

"Ah that's better. Well? Questions comments?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Interesting..." Ciprinus says "If theresmutual benefit from this, I'm ok to have your help, and offer my services in return. Although I'll wish you to know I wontbe happy to hear depreciative comments about our employee. After all, he pays my meals." Ciprinus says, smiling.

garyh

First Post
Sarn grunts. "I'm not too attached to Huffgood. And he didn't seem to care much for me. I don't see how telling Fat Sal once we've caught the thieves hurts anything."

Looking at Fat Sal, the orc adds "The name's Sarn."

Remove ads