D&D 5E Enhancing "The Wild Beyond the Witchlight"

I'm planning to use TWBTW if my players enter a portal they will likely encounter. Will be ignoring the Carnival completely. Some of my ideas and questions:
-the portal in question is in a forest the party will be visiting for other reasons. I'm planning on planting some fey residents of Prismeer in the forest: folks who fled or who have been exiled due to the shift in Prismeer.
-I'm thinking of doing away with Zybilna's dual identity.
-party will either be 5th or 6th level when/if they use the portal, so I'm going to have to beef up encounters (although I am hoping that they will choose non-combat solutions when possible)
-I wish there was a map of Brigand's tollway.
-In the slanty tower encounter, it is mentioned in passing that the players might be able to open the cage without the key, but no ideas are given for how that might happen. Any suggestions?
i made these wo brigands tollway images if anyone wants them.
Not sure how to load an image here though

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It looks like I'll be running TWBTW for my group, in-person even. I'm working with the Beadle & Grimm's Silver edition, which has some nice bits in it.

Over on DM's Guild, there's a bundle of extra adventure content that can be slipped into the original that I may or may note use...: The Wild Beyond the Witchlight Ultimate DM's Bundle [BUNDLE] - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon Masters Guild

I'll also be looking at Syrinscape, as they've got some nice background music, arranged per chapter... D&D Music & Sounds | Wild Beyond the Witchlight Part 1 | Syrinscape

pukunui

Legend
I finally got around to purchasing this book. Haven’t got far in reading through it yet, but one thought I’ve had is why limit myself to just one or the other of the story hooks? Why not use both? Some PCs can have a thing that is lost and others can be hired by the warlock.

Also, is it just me or is the chicken foot tattoo on the warlock’s forehead a bit of a giveaway? Any player who has Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything will recognize it.

Remove ads