Level Up (A5E) Enigma Sorcerer

Garmel

Explorer
Can you fail your Reach Beyond roll on purpose? Sometimes you might want to take the risk of something bad happening if you're desperate to cast a certain spell.

VenerableBede

Adventurer
As far as I am aware, any ability that forces a save has to specifically state that you can choose to fail it, RAW, but there are also many circumstances where I think it's reasonable for the Narrator to let you choose to fail a save anyway.

Stalker0

Legend
As far as I am aware, any ability that forces a save has to specifically state that you can choose to fail it, RAW, but there are also many circumstances where I think it's reasonable for the Narrator to let you choose to fail a save anyway.
In that circumstance, you effectively roll a 1 on the save.... which can have some consequences in specific circumstances.

Garmel

Explorer
I don't know about very but it's definitely cool, hell yes. We got magic bombs for days over here. 💣

It can be very good depending on the DM's discretion since it's all in his hands according to the text. A lenient DM that puts the point in the PC's favor most of the time then it's fantastic. :)

Remove ads