Enlarge Person - useless for Half Ogres

Camarath

Pale Master Tarrasque
It is a Gaint and not a Humanoid.

It is my personal opinion that Gaints should be Humanoid (Gaint) but that is a house rule.

Xarls Taunzund

First Post
Camarath said:
It is a Gaint and not a Humanoid.

It is my personal opinion that Gaints should be Humanoid (Gaint) but that is a house rule.

I like that idea, will have to bring it up to a few other people in my gaming group.

Wippit Guud

First Post
Well, time to try to get the DM runing my PBP game to allow Enlarge to work on the half-ogre cleric... you figure since it's a domain spell, it may be an exception and allowed :)

Naar

First Post
Actually, nowhere does it say that half-ogres are Giants. It says they have Giant Blood, which means they count as Giants for the purposes of racially specific magic items, but there's nothing to indicate they're not Humanoid. Besides, why would they need the Giant Blood quality if they were Giants to begin with?

Last edited:

Camarath

Pale Master Tarrasque
Naar said:
Actually, nowhere does it say that half-ogres are Giants. It says they have Giant Blood, which means they count as Giants for the purposes of racially specific magic items, but there's nothing to indicate they're not Humanoid. Besides, why would they need the Giant Blood quality if they were Giants to begin with?
Actually it does say their type is gaint.
Savage Species
Page 217
Table A-59
Type
Gaint

Camarath

Pale Master Tarrasque
Naar said:
Then I wonder why they have Giant Blood? Being Giants just makes them better, and they hardly need that.
Maybe they meant for it to be Ogre Blood. Or maybe there was confusion over whether or not to actually make the half-ogre a Giant. Maybe the chart and race write up were written by different people who didn't communicate effectively. I don't know. What I do no is the only place I can find any type listing for the Half-Ogre it lists him as a giant. But the Giant Blood ability seems very odd if he already has the giant type. One fix for their power that I liked is to give them 2 giant HD.

Remove ads