(ENN) Inconceivable! The Princess Bride RPG Is Announced

Toy Vault Inc have announced that Princess Bride will be becoming a Tabletop Roleplaying Game in 2017! The popular fantasy film has been a favourite among gamers since its release in 1987, and now designer Steffan O’Sullivan (FUDGE; GURPS Bunnies & Burrows; GURPS Swashbucklers) has the task of bringing it to our gaming tables.

Toy Vault Inc have announced that Princess Bride will be becoming a Tabletop Roleplaying Game in 2017! The popular fantasy film has been a favourite among gamers since its release in 1987, and now designer Steffan O’Sullivan (FUDGE; GURPS Bunnies & Burrows; GURPS Swashbucklers) has the task of bringing it to our gaming tables.

Not much is known, at this stage, about the game. We know it will be using the FUDGE system, which is a light RPG engine which Toy Vault say “provides the right feel of light-hearted, fantastic adventure that embodies The Princess Bride universe.”

Princess Bride, along with Monty Python, have contributed to countless quotes at gaming tables over the years but with the coming of the official RPG be prepared to hear cries of “My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father! Prepare to die!”, “Inconceivable!” “You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.” along with players wanting to travel to the Pit of Despair, Cliffs of Insanity and Florin City itself.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
"along with plyers wanting to travel to the Pit of Despair, Cliffs of Insanity and Florin City itself"

Plyrs? We don't need no stinking plyrs! ;)

Fuseboy

First Post
What fun! I have no special love for FUDGE, but I'm glad this isn't d20/class/level/xp based, that would make no sense.

RedBoxDwarf

First Post
The book is far better than the film, folks. In fact, a lot of what makes the book so special doesn't even show up in the movie version.

Sigh.

Remove ads

Remove ads