• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ENnies 2004 - looking ahead

dreamthief

First Post
So what do you think will be picking up awards at next year's ENnies? I think Arcana Unearthed is going to really score big, for one.

Of course, there could be products coming from unknown third party publishers that are just too great not to be ignored, such as Expeditious Retreat Press. I think Dark Legacies from Red Spire Press could be just such a product.

And congrats to the judges and the voters. Can't argue with the results. I bet some of them were really close.

JoeGKushner

First Post
It's so early that I'd say any guess is basically worthless at this point.

Warlords from AEG looked great, but so did Stargate SG-1 for example. Who knows what suppor they'll have by the time they come to print.

I know several publishers are looking at doing updates to older material in a way to please the fans, by expanding the original material and updating it, and including all new stuff. That'll rock!

I know several publishers that are going 3.5 with such speed that they've already started to redefine their worlds. Heck, with the two new player's guides, the Scarred Lands is more alive than ever to me now. I almost busted out the credit card for the Fighters & Barbarians book when I saw that it not only had information on mercenaries in SL, but also military schools and histories. Good stuff.

Way too soon to be thinking what'll be out by then either. After all, when's Conan d20 come out or Lone Wolf d20? And Iron Kingdoms? See, too much stuff not even out.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Now see, impressive as it is, I saw Stargate and this is a huge, full color, glossy, hardback book (huge price tag though) that I think is going to be super hard to beat.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
JoeGKushner said:
It's so early that I'd say any guess is basically worthless at this point.

Warlords from AEG looked great, but so did Stargate SG-1 for example. Who knows what suppor they'll have by the time they come to print.

I know several publishers are looking at doing updates to older material in a way to please the fans, by expanding the original material and updating it, and including all new stuff. That'll rock!

I know several publishers that are going 3.5 with such speed that they've already started to redefine their worlds. Heck, with the two new player's guides, the Scarred Lands is more alive than ever to me now. I almost busted out the credit card for the Fighters & Barbarians book when I saw that it not only had information on mercenaries in SL, but also military schools and histories. Good stuff.

Way too soon to be thinking what'll be out by then either. After all, when's Conan d20 come out or Lone Wolf d20? And Iron Kingdoms? See, too much stuff not even out.

Mmm. I really need to get Fighters and Barbarians then... :)

Wombat

First Post
After getting Green Ronin's Testament I was really hoping that they would do a follow-up with Classical Greece -- I mean, if that isn't a period for roaming heroes and strange monsters, what is? ;)

Krug

Newshound
One thing's for sure; the d20 products are just getting better every year, art and content wise.

Last edited:

luckystrike23

First Post
can lightning strike twice?

i think that if privateer press gets their Iron Kingdoms campaign setting this year, we could easily see a repeat sweep at the ENnies. They've had a consistent work so far and i doubt imagin they will dissapoint.

Ashy

First Post
Re: can lightning strike twice?

luckystrike23 said:
i think that if privateer press gets their Iron Kingdoms campaign setting this year, we could easily see a repeat sweep at the ENnies. They've had a consistent work so far and i doubt imagin they will dissapoint.

As long as Privateer sends that same guy back to pick up the awards, I would not mind them winning a whole 'nother boatload of 'em!! :D LOL!

Eternalknight

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
After all, when's Conan d20 come out or Lone Wolf d20? And Iron Kingdoms? See, too much stuff not even out.

Start of next year, I believe. You also have the Fighting Fantasy d20 RPG coming out around the same time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads