Ennies Ceremony: How should nominees dress?

How should Ennie Nominees dress for the ceremony?

• Formal

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Semi-Formal

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Casual-Work

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Casual

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Retro (80s, 70s, please post a response and why)

Votes: 12 16.7%

• Poll closed .

EricNoah

Adventurer
Well, last year's event was in a glorified hallway next to two food stands. :) This year we're taking it up a notch and that's how I plan to dress. However, I know that a lot of the nominees are at the con to work and will be coming from what has been a long day of gruelling labor, so I have no expectations for anyone other than "wear clothes of some kind."

Coik

First Post
coyote6 said:
One word: Toga.

No, no, it has to be at least three words: "To-ga, to-ga, to-ga!"

You really need an "I don't care" option. Cos I really don't care what they wear on the stage. Hell, let 'em stumble up there, obviously inebriated or stoned (carrying a 3/4 empty bottle or roach, as approipiate), long, tangled, unwashed hair, three days' beard growth, dirty and wrinkled "FRODO LIVES!" t-shirt, cut-offs, and flip flops...

Hmmm...actually, if they came on like that, it would kick up the entertainment factor quite a bit...

Twin Rose

First Post
Last year, after literally running around ALL day for the show, Anthony Valterra made a point of coming well-dressed for the event, and I certainly admired him for it. I think it shows dedication and respect, and that was before the awards were 'taken up a notch'.

By the way, this year be covered on local Indy TV? lol

Voadam

Legend
I would say at least respectable work casual attire would be appropriate so that you look like a professional.

However full field plate would be nice if you can swing it.

And Wil, everyone knows vikings didn't really wear horned helmets! A spear and wooden shield with a conical hemet bearing a noseguard would work well.

Twin Rose

First Post
die_kluge said:
It's a con. It's GenCon. We're gamers. Wear what gamers wear at GenCon - shorts, black t-shirt, and tennis shoes.

That's really the crux of the debate, Kluge. Yes, all of us in the industry are gamers, but what makes you feel more confident in our products versus what any player draws up himself and brings to the friday night game? I believe that it's professionalism that sets Campaign Suite apart, and I want to convey that as well as the respect that the awards, and my fellow nominees deserve. Win or lose, I want to be able to say without words to those I'm running against: "This is a great award, and being nominated is something to be proud of.".

Last edited:

Remove ads