Ennies Ceremony: How should nominees dress?

How should Ennie Nominees dress for the ceremony?

• Formal

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Semi-Formal

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Casual-Work

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Casual

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Retro (80s, 70s, please post a response and why)

Votes: 12 16.7%

• Poll closed .

Twin Rose

First Post
I agree that tux/evening gown is going to be largely impractical for everyone there - let's face it, just getting them there would be difficult for most.

However, I certainly plan to wear shirt/slacks/tie. There will be pictures of the event for the next year that people see, and take their first impressions from. Last years pictures were circulated on many sites, and viewed by thousands and thousands. Nominees, spectators, and winnners were all judged on first appearances. It's my oppinion that clean and professional is the message I want to send, and I hope that my choice of dress reflects that.

This is still a free country, and unless EN World or Peter Adkinson speaks out (and perhaps I could email Morrus/Peter and see if THEY have a preference) I think everyone should decide what message they wish to send, and dress appropriately. And of course the message you wish to send and the one received may not be the same. Some may see a tie as, "I'm pretentious and snooty". Some may not.

Twin Rose

First Post
Reading another thread, a few things of note come to mind. Things that are different than last year.

There will be special seating for the nominees.

Rules & Etiquette (and ushers to enforce them).

Special lighting/spot-lighting.

Last years awards had many show up in a shirt and tie, and I some who didn't regretting it for the entire year since. Just another two cents offered as food for thought.

If there's going to be an official statement about dress I'll need to know by this Sunday, cause we're leaving on Monday and won't be in contact until we meet everyone in person.

joe b.

Last edited:

Sialia

First Post
My 2 cents

As Glimmer once explained to Dylrath:

"Chicks dig men who bathe."

Further, he quoted the bearded sages who sang thusly:

"every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man. "

It's just a thought.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
jgbrowning said:
If there's going to be an official statement about dress I'll need to know by this Sunday, cause we're leaving on Monday and won't be in contact until we meet everyone in person.

joe b.

I'd be very surprised if there was any official dress code implemented.

ColonelHardisson said:
I'd be very surprised if there was any official dress code implemented.

Ok. It would be embarrasing to show up casual if Morrus said it's supposed to be formal. His party, his rules.

joe b.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
jgbrowning said:

Ok. It would be embarrasing to show up casual if Morrus said it's supposed to be formal. His party, his rules.

joe b.

Yeah, but I find it unlikely that anyone would want to ever implement a dress code of any kind. Despite the views I expressed above, I, personally, would be against a dress code. I don't like "making" people dress for events like this. Of course, I am in no way speaking for Morrus or the ENnies in general, just as a fan.

Remove ads