ENnies discussion thread

pensiv

Explorer
This is also (hopefully) my last chance to be a judge since I have some work being published later this year and I hope to have even more next year. As my status moves more and more away from simple fandom I hope to get as much out of it as I can in the mean time.

The "mean time" being the "time in which I have time to do something like this" :)

Sialia

First Post
Ok, this is a neophyte question, and slightly off topic. I tried emailing this question to Denise earlier, but I think I screwed up her email address cause I was off site at the time. and since I'm here to look it up anyway, i may as well just post it here.

Do the ENnies come with any cool emblem the winners can stick on their award winning products like the Caldecott and Newberry Award winners? Should they?

Something like this:

Attachments

• ennie-foillabel.jpg
    ennie-foillabel.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 59

Sialia

First Post
Which is to say, if you want me to draft up a high res version of the sketch above, I could do it for free and send it to whoever would be in charge of this.

Then, as part of the award, you could give the winners access to a site where they could download it for use on the covers of their award winner(s), subject to some instructions about where they're allowed to use it and how. (I don't claim any intellectual property in this thing, but I think ENWorld should protect its usage.)

Somebody would have to send me a high-res version of the logo to begin from. The doodle above was just from the icon swiped off the home page, and it's pretty pixellated.

Sialia

First Post
blah blah blah. Silver.

And, what the hey, copper with Planescape-eque verdigris. 'Cause who knows, maybe somebody can think of a use for it.

Attachments

• ennie-silverfoillabel.jpg
    ennie-silverfoillabel.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 60
  • ennie2-copper.jpg
    ennie2-copper.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 56

Psion

Adventurer
Sialia said:
Do the ENnies come with any cool emblem the winners can stick on their award winning products like the Caldecott and Newberry Award winners? Should they?

Yes they do and yes they should.

Michael Morris whipped one up for us last year. Of course, he's already stepped in saying he's spending too much time coding to worry about art this year, so we could use some volunteers in that area. (Innocent, nonchalant whistle.)

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
I'm looking for logos for the ENnies- some for use on the web, some to be printed as stickers for the winning products. So if you'd like to play with designing a logo, that'd be great. All offers of artistic talent are greatly appreciated!

Sialia said:
Which is to say, if you want me to draft up a high res version of the sketch above, I could do it for free and send it to whoever would be in charge of this.

Then, as part of the award, you could give the winners access to a site where they could download it for use on the covers of their award winner(s), subject to some instructions about where they're allowed to use it and how. (I don't claim any intellectual property in this thing, but I think ENWorld should protect its usage.)

Somebody would have to send me a high-res version of the logo to begin from. The doodle above was just from the icon swiped off the home page, and it's pretty pixellated.

Crothian

First Post
We need to get her for the seals. I love what she did for my Avatar and those examples she has whipped up look really good!!

Michael Morris

First Post
Sialia said:
blah blah blah. Silver.

And, what the hey, copper with Planescape-eque verdigris. 'Cause who knows, maybe somebody can think of a use for it.

I can provide you a 600 DPI version of the logo in PNG if you wish.

Also, although Dextra has the final call on this, is it possible to put "Celebrating Excellence in Gaming" into the margin of the medal?

lior_shapira

Explorer
I'm a bit abashed to offer my humble opinion after all the heated discussion :)

I wanted to suggest, no matter what voting system you choose, if there will be ranking of products, to use a 1-5 scale. The reason is that ENWorld's review system works on a 1-5 scale, and people are familiar with that. Most voters probably read a few reviews on site, and have a solid understanding of what constitutes a 5 product, a 3 product and a 1 product (in their opinion).

Perhaps this way we can somewhat alleviate the problem of different people have different notions of what a 'so-so' product it, a 5 or a 3 ?

just my 2 agorot (israeli cents)

lior

Remove ads