• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ENnies - Why should I go

I went last year (my first GenCon) to show support for the ENnies and to socialize a little. Alas, I got there late and had to scoot right after, so I didn't do much but watch. It was enjoyable, but I'm on the fence this year. The crew do a good job of keeping things light and moving along. The real advantage of an awards ceremony for a field populated by geeks and introverts is the acceptance speeches tend to be mercifully to the point. Last year there were some door prizes as well.

If you want to be active in the process, whether its just being an informed voter, running for judge, or hope to someday compete, it's something you should do once. But if the ENnies don't really interest you, the event itself won't either.

Just don't get there late -- if you have to sit around to the side like I did, you can see behind the podium, and you really don't want that.

Edit: Huh, a friend of mine just moved to Bowling Green to teach at Western Kentucky.

Remove ads