ENnies - Why should I go

bolen

First Post
OK before I start a flame war here let me say that this is not a thread on why the ENnies are irrelevant. In fact I have a habit of going the next day and buying all the winners on the next day (so they certainly do have an effect on me) The issue to me is that I don't get to game allot during the rest of the year. I buy books and read them but never play. This is partly because I am busy but mostly because I don't know anyone to play with (I live out in the sticks). I don't post enough here to become a well known name so I don't feel I "know" people here. What is so special about being there that I should give up some of my gaming time to go?

Last edited:

I'm not sure I'm going either. If you DON'T go, and I end up not going, I may be hanging back and playing Blood Bowl during that time slot with JC and Francisca or something.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's a great social event where you get to mix and mingle with hundreds of EN Wordlers and game designers. You get to laugh at me presenting an award onstage. I think there's a bar. Ummm....

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Morrus said:
It's a great social event where you get to mix and mingle with hundreds of EN Wordlers and game designers. You get to laugh at me presenting an award onstage. I think there's a bar. Ummm....

Piratecat is usually there, and he's really worth meeting.

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
The Ennies are one of those events you ought to attend at least once just to experience it, plus there will be lots of ENWorld posters there-it's just a fun night to mingle.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Mostly, it's industry types present, a bunch of ENWorlders, whom you may or may not know, and presenters handing out awards, some of which you may or may not know.

If it doesn't sound like your cup of tea, don't go! It's as simple as that.

Treebore

First Post
Why I am glad I went last year.

I got to meet a lot of people who make the games I love to play, not just D&D either. I got to meet the L5R and Shadowrun people as well. Plus the "3rd party" publishing crowd has a lot of nice people to meet. Necromancer Games, Tabletop Games, Goodman Games, Green Ronin, Monte Cook/Malhavoc, etc... All people worth meeting.

I got to meet, and talk with, the founder and original owner of WOTC. A very cool and nice guy, despite being filthy rich.

Plus it was cool to meet, or at least see, many ENWorlders.

Those are the biggest reasons I am glad I went. Besides, access is limited. I got to go because I won one of those auctions. With the nice, down to earth, and great people of Tabletop Games.

bolen

First Post
So I was envisioning sitting there for an hour or so and listening to presenters and acceptance speeches. How do you socialize if your just watching a presentation?

Remove ads