Level Up (A5E) ENterplanetary DimENsions Playtest #2: Obscure Origins and Spectacular Spells!

Includes new cultures, a new heritage, spells, and a few other bits!

Last playtest covered archetypes, feats, and webships but today’s ENterplanetary DimENsions entry is all about origins and spells!

EdeLaszlo_LANDILLO.jpg

Illustration by Ede Laszlo.

The following playtest contains cultures, a new heritage, spells, and a few other materials for Level Up based on the various locales in this column. Please check it out and answer the survey in a couple weeks, post your thoughts here, and generally tell us what you think!

Mike Myler

Mike Myler

i'm having a hard time understanding how the humachinist's humachines work...just...generally. i can't really make heads or tails of how you get the benefits of a humachine. i guess in that sense, the vitalizer is better because i can actually understand how all its features work?

zen_cat

Explorer
I think the rulesomancers who have creatified this packet have invented too many words and it makes it hard to understand.

I like the plantfolk heritage, and I could see using it in my games. I'm uneasy about the AC bonus in the hands of an optimising player, but it gives a strong reason to choose it.

My preference for the spells would be that they not name custom setting planes so that I can use them in other settings, such my planescape games.

I'd also echo W'rkncacnter's commentary that I don't really understand the Humanist.

I like the plantfolk heritage, and I could see using it in my games. I'm uneasy about the AC bonus in the hands of an optimising player, but it gives a strong reason to choose it.
i'm honestly fine with the AC boost mainly because they have fire vulnerability. like at that point dear god you need it.

PauloR

Explorer
I liked the spells particularly.

Isn't Skyward a better fit for 1st level instead of 2nd? The damage is low and, if I understand correctly, the target doesn't even loose actions or anything. If it falls prone, he loses half his move, but that is about it. He still got his full turn.

Remove ads

Remove ads