ENWorld Fantasy Basketball 06-07 (Signup here)

Black Omega

First Post
loki44 said:
No "injured" slot though? Seriously, if not it makes you think twice about guys like Kirilenko or McGrady.
You have 15 slots for players. There are 12 positions you have to fill. So you have some leeway. Last year was the first time there was not a IR spot, and it did hurt some people. (Says the guy who took Kirilenko last year...)

loki44

Explorer
Black Omega said:
You have 15 slots for players. There are 12 positions you have to fill. So you have some leeway.

Ok, so there's a 3 man bench. From looking at the site I thought all roster spots were active.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Yeah, not only do you have bench slots, but you don't need to field all 12 players every day. And during the year you can always drop people and pick up others, or trade 1 for 2 maybe. Obviously part of the game is getting a good roster who is able to play in the right games, but it's not a matter of all your team always playing, and having no room for error or injury.

reapersaurus

First Post
Just an FYI: (Mistwell suggested I post this here)

I haven't joined because Sigil was fairly clear last year that he didn't like the way I play. I talk too much. :D

Sorry - it's just my style. :]

Besides, it does take an awful lot of time and effort to play - hope you guys have a good season!

DonTadow

First Post
reapersaurus said:
Just an FYI: (Mistwell suggested I post this here)

I haven't joined because Sigil was fairly clear last year that he didn't like the way I play. I talk too much. :D

Sorry - it's just my style. :]

Besides, it does take an awful lot of time and effort to play - hope you guys have a good season!
Really?

loki44

Explorer
reapersaurus said:

Not trying to toss fuel on a fire I know nothing about, but did you decide not to play just because someone said you talk too much, or because it's a big time commitment?

When is our draft?

reapersaurus

First Post
Well, I don't wanna cause a problem either, but to answer your question and be clear:

I didn't think that the Commish wanted me to play after what he posted mid-season last year.
OR to put it another way - I just get the feeling that he'd rather I did not play. And that's cool. It DOES take a lot of time to properly play the game (tho it's worth it if the league is involved and interesting).

And I feel that I bring good communication aspects to the game, but he doesn;t seem to appreciate them, so I'm not going to push myself where my contributions aren't wanted.

I'm the defending co-champion, but if the Commisioner isn't on board with the way I play, then that is his right as the founder of the league. He's done a lot of effort for this league, and kept it going on ENWorld.
I just came along later (first played 3 years ago, then last year), and caused waves with my preference to talk between the owners about the game and their transactions, and what they think about their team, etc.

I hope everyone has a fun time in the league this year, and hopefully the managers can stay active, instead of falling prey to what has happened many times before in this league:
After the first month or 2, most managers unfortunately don't follow their teams closely or discuss anything, and it becomes less interesting - pretty much a competition between the top 3 or 4 teams. :(

DonTadow

First Post
reapersaurus said:
Well, I don't wanna cause a problem either, but to answer your question and be clear:

I didn't think that the Commish wanted me to play after what he posted mid-season last year.
OR to put it another way - I just get the feeling that he'd rather I did not play. And that's cool. It DOES take a lot of time to properly play the game (tho it's worth it if the league is involved and interesting).

And I feel that I bring good communication aspects to the game, but he doesn;t seem to appreciate them, so I'm not going to push myself where my contributions aren't wanted.

I'm the defending co-champion, but if the Commisioner isn't on board with the way I play, then that is his right as the founder of the league. He's done a lot of effort for this league, and kept it going on ENWorld.
I just came along later (first played 3 years ago, then last year), and caused waves with my preference to talk between the owners about the game and their transactions, and what they think about their team, etc.

I hope everyone has a fun time in the league this year, and hopefully the managers can stay active, instead of falling prey to what has happened many times before in this league:
After the first month or 2, most managers unfortunately don't follow their teams closely or discuss anything, and it becomes less interesting - pretty much a competition between the top 3 or 4 teams. :(
Hey I say play I like banter. After two months is when i reallys tart getting into my fantasy basketball teams. Until then I'm focused on the chase and football leagues. But you seem to bring a good element to the team last year, I say join. Everywhere you go people wont like somebody for some reason or another, shouldnt stop you from doing something. I'm not getting inthe middle of it, but i feel that if we're using the enworld name for this league, we should allow anyone from enworld to play regardless of personal feelings or something.

Remove ads