• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EnWorlders of Color

hong

WotC's bitch
Kobold Avenger said:
I'm a Chinese-Canadian born and raised in BC. Most likely full-blooded Han, originating from southern China around Hong Kong and Guangzhou province. With a last name like Ng I always have to explain to a lot of people how to either pronounce or spell my last name.
You too, huh?

Hong "what's so hard about vowels, people?" Ooi

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Skade said:
I don't care what color a gamer is, but I am curious what cultures our hobby has entered. I live in a primarilly Hispanic area, and there is no gaming to be found. I imagine this is very true in most ethnic communities.

This thread does not really deal with that, but its related, and is of interest to me.

Yeah me too - I know a total of 3 (three) Gamers of Polynesian Descent - myself, a Hawaiian woman and another Maori guy who was adopted by european parents. Which considering that since leaving Uni I'm living in a small rural community with a 56% 'Maori' population makes finding a gaming group really hard - hence the reason I hang out at Enworld to get my fix!

Wombat

First Post
Tonguez said:
Yeah me too - I know a total of 3 (three) Gamers of Polynesian Descent - myself, a Hawaiian woman and another Maori guy who was adopted by european parents. Which considering that since leaving Uni I'm living in a small rural community with a 56% 'Maori' population makes finding a gaming group really hard - hence the reason I hang out at Enworld to get my fix!

Wow! I used to run a RuneQuest campaign in northern California with three Hawai'ians (one Pure Blood back at least 7 generations) and a guy from Guam. Never a Maori, though, sad to say.

It was a good game, but I also had to make adjustments to certain scenarios to allow for a greater Island feel :)

De Arco

First Post
I'm irish/german/scot with a bit of cherokee which makes me on the beige side of pink. ;) My gaming groups have been mostly white with a fairly even split of male and female. The greatest diversities has been in regards to sexual orientation and religion.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads