EoM-R Questions Continued...

Verequus

First Post
sirwmholder said:
Thanks for the heads up RuleMaster... I may have found my next purchase... That's the Immortals Handbook - Epic Bestiary correct? Just checking I didn't know if there was an unEpic version out there too :)

No problem! And it is indeed the Epic Bestiary, but if you had known Upper_Krust, the author, then you would know that everything he does is EPIC! ;)

In case, you think: "Who is that guy now?" - Yes, it is me, RuleMaster! I've decided to change my nick, because I find the old one not neutral enough anymore, which happened coincidentally today.

sirwmholder

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Consider, though, that if you put an actual weight limit, players are going to argue about weight of objects. It's much easier to gauge the size of something than it is to figure out its weight. I'd be more tempted to drop the weight limit and replace it with a size only version, perhaps with a provision that particularly dense things like steel and neutronium would count as higher size categories.
In that case there would have to be an in game mechanic in place to guage size... for instance:

# of 5' Cubes : Size
1/4 : Tiny
1/2 : Small
1 (1x1x1) : Medium
8 (2x2x2) : Large
64 (4x4x4) : Huge
512 (8x8x8) : Gargantuan
4096 (16x16x16) : Colossal

x8 : x2

Is something like this what you had in mind? Players can argue about anything but since you have strength listed and there is a basis for a coorelation between strength and weight I'd still feel more comfortable coming up with a chart to guage how much objects weigh based on materials used in construction verses how large an object is with only consideration for extremely dense metals... I realize that it's a bit more work figuring out these things up front but I feel it's important for emersion... I can see an arguement coming about lifting a pile of gold coins with a spell and the same spell can only lift roughly the same area of feathers...

Thanks for the feedback,
Wm. Holder

Last edited:

genshou

First Post
RangerWickett said:
However, items can certainly be bigger than colossal. I believe I use the term 'whoppin' the few times I feel the need to quantify these larger sizes.
There are only three sizes. "Wee", "not so wee", and "frickin' huge!". :p

Remove ads