Epic level creatures

DMauricio

First Post
the Jester said:
But wouldn't Venger just be some half-fiendish high level wizard (with a nightmare familiar)??

I'm sure though that you could make Venger into an actual demon prince if you really wanted to (but I can't remember where the stats for this would be)

D.

DMauricio

First Post
BOZ said:
mythological characters cannot be copywritten, AFAIK they are public domain. therefore, i can do what i want with em ;)

So what about the Fenris wolf, and the Midgard Serpent?
I can't remember if the stats for these have been re-done and they definitely qualify.

Also, what about taking some creatures from Japanese myth (I'm not sure if this was even covered in the original Oriental Adventures) As I'm sure there are some pretty nifty demons and whatnot that fit into the epic category (though for the life of me I don't have any of my notes to back me up)

D.

William Ronald

Explorer
BOZ,

You are right. I should have said the Fiend Folio for several of those creatures.
As I recall, the hardcover 1st Edition Deities and Demigods book had stats for some of the following creatures:

The Fenris Wolf
Garm, The wolf who guards the gates of Niflheim.
The Midgard Serpent.

There were also several non-epic level creatures. The Cthulhu Mythos, Melnibonean Mythos, and Nehwon mythos had several monsters.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
I had in fact, done conversions of Fenris Wolf and Garm some time ago, but I was rather inexperienced and I’d have to say they’re not that great. :( but we can fix that with a bit o’ work…

As for the Midgard Serpent – I have no idea how to convert that thing! :eek:

But yes, D&DG monsters are definitely something I want to touch on.

Remove ads