• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Problem : Prevention

Darimaus

First Post
Mary begins to sing, softly to herself at first, but soon lets the music carry to the ears of the man sharing the room with them. Still singing, she wanders over to the man, gives him a smile and a wink, and slips a question of "Kind sir, something seems to be amiss. Please tell me about it so I can help you clear your mind of distress." into the song.

OOC: I'm going to employ a quick fascinate on this man, perform check to set the DC is 68 vs his will save). If the fascinate goes over well, she will then slip in a suggestion DC 33 Will save for the man to say what he is so nervous about/what he is hiding. If he is immune to mind affecting effects, he gains a +10 to the save but is not immune.

Jemal

Adventurer
*OOC: Ah Epic Bard, proving that NOTHING is useless.*

The guards and the man seem to go into a blissful trance listening to Mary's music, and before he knows what he's doing, the man answers your question "I'm hoping my master will come out before the other heroes show up and find out we we have the king." Then, suddenly snapping out of it, he looks at you and steps back, his face draining of blood "Oh Bugger... MASTER!!!"

[sblock=ooc]
Meanwhile, what were the rest doing? Would any of them gone with Mary/Lochlan, or Athear? Athear should be done with his little 'vision' by now unless he wanted to go to the mountains, but since Shayuri's Away, the dragon will play (Sorry bad pun.. His vision won't finish until he next posts, to keep things simple, and he can't be woken from it forcibly.)
[/sblock]

Darimaus

First Post
Mary will act quickly, (assuming I'm allowed to take a rounds worth of actions before this gets hot, if not you can delete the swift action). She will cast a quickened Sirine's Grace, and then folllow up with a dual bardic music, using Hymn of Spelldeath, followed by Aria of Everywhere to dimension door into the throne room.

Pyrex

First Post
Jemal said:
"Oh Bugger... MASTER!!!"

"Stand down and stand aside. We're going into the throne room."

If the man looks like he'll surrender, Lochlan moves up and opens the door. If locked, he'll break it down.

If he doesn't get out of the way, Lochlan will sweep him aside with a mighty blow from his staff, then continue his full attack against the door.

~Mary vanishes~

"Great, I hope she went inside" Lochlan mumbles to no one in particular.

/ooc: *wishes Sending were on the Pal spell list*

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Back! Let me know if Athear and/or Rhodia can hear any of the commotion/music going on...)

The great silver dragon snaps out of his reverie, staring at the great mountains. Then he laughs, a deep rumbling laugh like stormcloud might have. "The dark dragon indeed...if it had them, we would already be lost! There is only one dragon who's den they might still haunt..."

He twines around the parapet to look down into the courtyard. "RHODIA!" he bellows. "TO ME!"

--

In the kitchen, the fair-skinned elf sighs and finishes her mug. "Thanks," she says to the cook, "but duty calls." A moment later she vanishes in a puff of gleaming golden motes to reappear in the courtyard. Athear's shadow flickers over her as he leaps from the tower, spreads his wings and starts spiraling in to land beside her.

Jemal

Adventurer
Inside the throne room, Mary had appeared, glancing around. 20' from her, an old, withered man is grinning as he telekinetically pushes the king towards something that hadnt' been there on any previous visits.
Behind the throne is a large, Obsidian Coffin, and as Mary regains her senses, the King is shoved into it and the door slams shut. As the man turns to regard Mary, pitch black chains wind their way around the coffin.
Grinning, the old man cackles "Hello, My dear. Excuse me for a Moment, I've an announcement to make!" His voice is crackling and high pitched, but when he closes his eyes, a deep, evil hissing voice fills the castle. "LONG... LIVE... THE KING!" With that, the man snaps his eyes open and he throws down an intensely cold ball of energy that fills the throne room. (Spellcraft check makes it : Intensified Enhanced Widened Uttercold Fireball). Mary Dodges behind a nearby Pilar as the entire room is filled with necromatic cold, but finds herself caught in the fringes nonetheless.
(Damage: 60 Cold, 60 Negative Energy before Resistances(do you have any?). That's WITH the save for half.)

Athear lands in the courtyard beside Rhodia. Those in the courtyard wave, bow, or merely glance and smile appreciatively at him, glad to see that not all the Silver's of Mighty Lyrevan have gone. As Rhodia clambers into her place, however, a deep, evil hissing voice fills the castle. "LONG... LIVE... THE KING!", and then there is a mighty boom from the throne room, and cries from around the castle.

The man throws his hands up at Lochlans words, and the Two Guards holding him at sword point, anger evident on their faces at what he has said.
a deep, evil hissing voice fills the castle. "LONG... LIVE... THE KING!", and The doors are blown off their hinges, one of them bouncing off of Lochlan's shoulder (8 damage) as he approaches it. The force of the blast also knocks the guards and the 'other guy' to the ground.

A high pitched, cracking old man voice is heard from inside the room "Still alive, dearie?"

[sblock=initiative]
Lochlan: 22
MasterMage: 20
Mary: 9
[/sblock]

*Everyone else has heard the explosion and figured out where it came from If you'd like to get there, tell me how and I'll tell youhow many rounds it takes. Teleportation IS allowed, you've all been there.*

Last edited:

Darimaus

First Post
OOC: Just to let you know, Mary has Evasion, granted to her by her Boots of Swiftness.

Mary whips out from behind the pole, adding a new tune to het song to give herself an extra boost of confidence, and rushes the mage, sword in hand.

OOC: Mary will use her swift action to use Inspire Excellence, (dealing her 71 subduel damage) giving herself and any other allies who can hear a +12 Cha. She will then charge the Mage. Attack roll is 54 . Confirm is 55 . Damage is 15 , with an additional 17 if the crit succeeds. He also takes 1 Con damage for wounding.

Her perform check that needs to be opposed by anyone casting spells in her viscinity is 81 .

*Edit* I forgot to add in Divine Might to her attack, so it should be dealing 27 and an additonal 29 if it successfully crits.

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: Seeing the interior of the room, just how much can Lochlan determine about the situation. Does his True Seeing show anything out of the ordinary? Also, shouldn't his DR soak the 8 damage from the door, or is it a really, really naughty door? ;)

Shayuri

First Post
Athearkepeskorn pauses for a moment as he adjusts to this new information.

"To the throne room!" he thunders, and vanishes.

He reappears in the middle of the great throne room; a monumental dragon that seems to be made of a solid shaped piece of polished silver, with wings spread and a fierce countenance, with Rhodia astride him, holy light coruscating around her hands.

"HO MISCREANT!" the dragon bellows down at the mage. Rhodia unobtrusively activates her spellmirror ring as Athear soliloquizes. "SURRENDER AND LEAVE THE KING UNHARMED, OR FACE JUSTICE!"

Remove ads